Page 130 of 257 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2565

Thread: The Art and Science of Keeping Your 1911 Running

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Burton View Post
    I've never noted feed lips spreading from leaving them loaded but rather from slide lock reloads.

The bullets stacked in the tube with all the spring pressure behind them combined with the sudden stop when rapidly seating the magazine while the slide is locked open is generally the hardest thing on a magazine.
    Thanks, that makes sense and is very helpful!

I've never noted feed lips spreading from leaving them loaded but rather from slide lock reloads.

The bullets stacked in the tube with all the spring pressure behind them combined with the sudden stop when rapidly seating the magazine while the slide is locked open is generally the hardest thing on a magazine.
    This makes plenty of sense, so I wanted to quote you, so folks get to see it again. Touching the “like” button is simply not enough. (I do not have an engineering background, but I have been accused of being an engineer, or, at least, talking like an engineer…)
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I just had one of those "duh!" moments.
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
    I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude
    -Thomas Jefferson
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

I've always thought that mag springs degrade from usage, not just being in a loaded state sitting around. But this observation is worth just what you paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    I've always thought that mag springs degrade from usage, not just being in a loaded state sitting around. But this observation is worth just what you paid for it.
    Man, you can get a lot of discussion on that subject.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimslow View Post
    I was always an arched mainspring housing kind of guy, but I like the mag well, and I cant seem to find one checkered with the arched housing, so I guess I'll stick with the flat one for now.
    One other option, but the caveat is you have to use their G10 grips (which are pretty nice) is the Techwell. It is popular locally with a number of single stack and CDP competitors. I have had nothing but good luck with mine. No interface at all to the mainstrping housing, put whatever version MS housing you want in place.

Name:  techwell 1.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  54.8 KBName:  techwell 2.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  13.9 KBName:  techwell 3.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  42.6 KB

Can we add 2011 into the mix here?

I am looking for a new trigger for my Staccato. I have the factory on there are its just a little too long. I'm looking for a shorter, but not too short, flat trigger. I have watched Hilton Yam's video on the different triggers, but am still searching for more experience.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Name:  techwell 3.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  42.6 KB
    At the risk of sounding ridiculous, that trigger guard under cut is simply outstanding. I was going to use words like beautiful and elegant, but figured I’d stop while I was ahead. The engineer and fabricator in me enjoys things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    that trigger guard under cut is simply outstanding.
    Colt custom shop deserves the praise, it was part of a small batch of like 50 guns they did for one of the distributors 5-6 years ago, Lipsey's I think. It is quite comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    At the risk of sounding ridiculous, that trigger guard under cut is simply outstanding. I was going to use words like beautiful and elegant, but figured I’d stop while I was ahead. The engineer and fabricator in me enjoys things like this.
    that undercut and checkering is very Pete Single. Niece piece!
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

User Tag List