Page 240 of 256 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 2560

Thread: The Art and Science of Keeping Your 1911 Running

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    Why settle for that? They probably use Nowlin or Kart anyway...though I do get keeping it all in the family. If you get a choice, go Kart, unless Rob has a better idea. I wouldn't recommend Barsto; I had a bad experience with them...they sent me a BHP "drop in" threaded barrel that was over-reamed (every 10th or 12th round would go in a random direction, pretty literally - excessive headspace) - I called them to arrange an inspection/RMA, and they blamed me for the problem. As if I have a 9mm chamber reamer laying around and like to whittle on barrels. I wound up having to re-order a gunsmith-fit barrel and had to have Novak fit it to my gun...at they time they were the only threaded BHP barrel game in town. That was an expensive lesson to never deal with them again.
    Nowlin would be reminiscent of the original Pros!
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

For a barrel that is going to see a lot of rounds, Kart is my choice. I want carbon steel for high round counts and benign failure modes, and no one makes a better barrel than Fred Kart. Second choice would be a Colt factory barrel with a properly fitted barrel bushing.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    For a barrel that is going to see a lot of rounds, Kart is my choice. I want carbon steel for high round counts and benign failure modes, and no one makes a better barrel than Fred Kart. Second choice would be a Colt factory barrel with a properly fitted barrel bushing.
    I would second the recommendatiom for a kart as well. Ned Christiansen also has commented in the past that a Wilson barrel is a good option as well.

Looking at my TRP and Professional, they look like the same barrel (though take that for what it's worth with just me eyeballing it).

My Springfield Loaded has the two piece barrel. I don’t shoot nowhere near the rounds though it that some of you do.

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    Well, I have taken Greenie offline for a couple of reasons. There are some suspicious lines around the barrel feet (possible cracks???) and I have been in contact with Schauland Performance (Rob) who said he is probably qualified to look at my piece LOL!.

He told me Springfield does not make the bowtie clearance cut in the frame and its possible for high use Springers to crack at the barrel feet.

Here is an older pic of my lack of the bowtie cut.

Well shit

My loaded frame is identical.

How are you shipping?

Eta at least my lw champion has a ramped barrel and the frame has no evidence of wear at the back of the frame.
    Last edited by 03RN; 09-26-2023 at 02:16 PM.
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Well shit

My loaded frame is identical.

How are you shipping?

Eta at least my lw champion has a ramped barrel and the frame has no evidence of wear at the back of the frame.
    USPS

I have an FFL. Rob sent me his.

USPS

I have an FFL. Rob sent me his.
    Ugh. Paying an FFL to ship to a gunsmith is one of the names of my existence.
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Next video is going to be on the Norwegian M/1914.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

You have my attention. Please spill the details. That looks like the 1914 Kongsberg Colt AKA the Norwegian licensed copy of the 1911. It has a few mods, including grips and trigger.

User Tag List