Page 243 of 256 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 2560

Thread: The Art and Science of Keeping Your 1911 Running

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Are there any other options for 47Ds? Like Wolff or ISMI?

All I see for flat wire from Wilson are for ETM bodies. If the ETM spring works I don't care if it's capacity is dropped to 7.
    If 7 is OK, since the 47D uses the same tube as the 47, you could replace the 47D guts with the 47 guts. You'd get a better spring and follower.

Here is the 47 replacement spring and follower https://wilsoncombat.com/spring-foll...5-acp-7rd.html

Here is the HD/+P option for the 47. It uses the spring from the 10 rounders. https://wilsoncombat.com/spring-foll...-hd-p-8rd.html

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Are there any other options for 47Ds? Like Wolff or ISMI?

All I see for flat wire from Wilson are for ETM bodies. If the ETM spring works I don't care if it's capacity is dropped to 7.
    I replaced the guts of two worn out 47Ds with Tripp Super 7 kits per the recommendations of others here (probably way back in the ancient history of this thread). Those are now totally reliable mags with the strongest spring pressure of any mags I have.

I like the 47C (47 tube with a thin steel base plate) a lot as a flush-ish fit mag, so that’s what I gave for carrying in my 1911s. My spare mags are standard ETMs, which I’ve had great luck with so far.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Edit to add: The following comment was for @thatguybryan

It's your money, but I wouldn't chase the flat wire spring.

Note @Evil_Ed's comment is with respect to using a suppressor. If that's what you're doing, or using nothing but +P ammo - which I don't see much advantage to - the HD/+P mags, or using the flatwire springs may be worthwhile, otherwise the springs in a non-overstuffed Wilson mag (not a 47D) such as a 47 or any of the ETM models should function just fine for a very long time.
    Got it, that’s helpful. I think I’ll try some more ETMs. Fwiw, I’ve had this happen with a new colt mag in a different gun but after that one time it never happened again. No idea why.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    If 7 is OK, since the 47D uses the same tube as the 47, you could replace the 47D guts with the 47 guts. You'd get a better spring and follower.

Here is the 47 replacement spring and follower https://wilsoncombat.com/spring-foll...5-acp-7rd.html
    Thanks! Just ordered. The kits are also 20% off so that about covered shipping at least.

I'm over the 8 round thing because of the spring life. I think I got 3 good matches out of them loading them up, which shocked me coming from WC. Lesson learned though.

The ETM 8 round mags have been good for me but all my 47d’s got Tripp Super 7 kits in them and they are my workhorse mags.

Not that anyone would let their 1911 go to hell like this one, but just in case you find one in a wall in a 100 YO house and want to shoot it. Looks like a simple restoration if you want a project. A testament to the design.

https://youtu.be/aabWpL56SBE
    Last edited by Borderland; 10-21-2023 at 06:49 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I question the thumb safety removal with the hammer down.

my guess something was broke or on the ragged edge of being held on.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

I don't have this piece yet, but everything will be different!

I just went through a basic RDS 1 day class with a home brewed 2016 build G19 and Gen1 Holosun 507C to have a true understanding of the dot.

early Gen 4 slide modified by Mark Housel and brand new then (2016) Gen 4 lower with a modified front strap and under cut.

The dot is not that big. Just how the camera shows it.

The MCOP fits and secures in a modified Safariland 6360RDS for a SW MP 9L. It will be carried on duty after I run some rounds through it to the point where I am comfortable with the optic.

This image was sent to me by the gunsmith. I am ready to have this dude back in my hands and in my holster.

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    I don't have this piece yet, but everything will be different!

I just went through a basic RDS 1 day class with a home brewed 2016 build G19 and Gen1 Holosun 507C to have a true understanding of the dot.

early Gen 4 slide modified by Mark Housel and brand new then (2016) Gen 4 lower with a modified front strap and under cut.

The dot is not that big. Just how the camera shows it.

The MCOP fits and secures in a modified Safariland 6360RDS for a SW MP 9L. It will be carried on duty after I run some rounds through it to the point where I am comfortable with the optic.

This image was sent to me by the gunsmith. I am ready to have this dude back in my hands and in my holster.

You sent the gun to Rob Schauland, correct? What work did he do on it out of curiosity?

Can’t wait to see more pics of that workhorse.

Just yesterday I got the ship notification for two 1911 slides coming back to me from Impact Machine with EPS Carry optics on them. However, it’ll be two weeks before I can hit the range with them.

This post is not helping my patience.

User Tag List