Page 250 of 256 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 2560

Thread: The Art and Science of Keeping Your 1911 Running

Well Hell,

I think my days of plastic follower for duty use is over. Referring to WC mags. I am using WC ETM 8s.

All was running good.... 150 rounds shot and on my third box of 50, I experienced one stuck mag.

I was able to snap a photo of the issue. The follower is side by side with the slide stop inner lobe.

I pushed down on the follower and heard a click and the mag released with ease.

I am able to use moderate thumb pressure and the follower pushed inward at the mark where the slide stop was against.

Another part of me wonders, I have 2-3 years of use (I am guessing)... have I worn out the followers?

I am going to run another test with old CMC PM 8s and newer Check-Mate 8s.

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Is there any way to definitely tell what size the front dovetail is on a Dan Wesson?
    From everything I've read and searched, "up to" 2015 was a Springfield front dove and a Novak rear.
    Ordered some new sights, a 10-8 rear and a new front as well.
    Ordered the Springfield cut for the front.
    It's definitely too large for the front dovetail.
    I'll be sending those back.

It "appears to be a Novak cut front as well.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Is there any way to definitely tell what size the front dovetail is on a Dan Wesson?
    From everything I've read and searched, "up to" 2015 was a Springfield front dove and a Novak rear.
    Ordered some new sights, a 10-8 rear and a new front as well.
    Ordered the Springfield cut for the front.
    It's definitely too large for the front dovetail.
    I'll be sending those back.

It "appears to be a Novak cut front as well.
    I wanted a gold bead front sight on a Dan Wesson. Ordered #1 from a vendor and the sights base was so small it fell through the dovetail, returned. Ordered #2 from a different vendor and it was so far beyond proper that I wasted a $75 sight trying to fit it. Next go around, I finally just sent the factory sight off for a gold bead. Over the years DW has used three different front sight dovetails. Regardless of what any tells you concerning manufacturing time lines, it's been my experience it's a crap shoot.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    Well Hell,

I think my days of plastic follower for duty use is over. Referring to WC mags. I am using WC ETM 8s.

All was running good.... 150 rounds shot and on my third box of 50, I experienced one stuck mag.

I was able to snap a photo of the issue. The follower is side by side with the slide stop inner lobe.

I am able to use moderate thumb pressure and the follower pushed inward at the mark where the slide stop was against.

Another part of me wonders, I have 2-3 years of use (I am guessing)... have I worn out the followers?

Years ago, I swore off mags with polymer followers, for serious use, for just this kind of thing.

Site Supporter
    Has anyone who owns a Dan Wesson asked them about their dovetail cuts or which replacement sights to order?
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Has anyone who owns a Dan Wesson asked them about their dovetail cuts or which replacement sights to order?
    Yes, as I said.......

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I would just send my slide off to: https://www.novaksights.com

The DW rear sight is pretty straight up Novak. It's the front sight that gets creative.

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    Well Hell,

I'll take polymer followers and just replace them when they wear out
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    I would just send my slide off to: https://www.novaksights.com
    It's already cut though
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

User Tag List