Page 111 of 253 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2528

Thread: The Art and Science of Keeping Your 1911 Running

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    Both are solid, but the EGW is better than the Wilson....
    In general (and, yes, it is a generalization), if the options for parts are EGW and anyone else, EGW is the better choice. About the only exceptions for me are the Harrison "true radius" action parts. George Smith and the EGW crew make really good parts. EGW may not have the brand recognition of Wilson or Brown, but EGW design and quality is second to none.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    The stated advantage is the spherical ring inside the bushing has 360 degree contact on the circumference of the barrel so that barrel lockup is more consistent from shot to shot. The ring inside the bushing body is free to tilt when the barrel comes out of and goes into battery whereas conventional barrel bushings either are bored at an angle (EGW does this better than anyone) or larger in circumference such that the barrel rests on a portion of the bushing when the barrel is in battery.
    I just became aware of the EGW angle bushings. I didn't know if they were angle bored to improve lockup or be easier to fit.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I just became aware of the EGW angle bushings. I didn't know if they were angle bored to improve lockup or be easier to fit.
    From EGW's web site at https://www.egwguns.com/bushing-faq

We have custom ground fixtures that hold the bushing at the angle of lock up when we bore to your selected size. This allows optimal contact with the barrel reducing wear and improving accuracy. By boring on the angle of lock up, we prevent accuracy robbing flex in the barrel often found in tight bushing setups. The bottom back is relieved for smooth bind free operation. This process is unique to EGW.
    EGW will make a bushing based on your measured barrel OD and slide ID. George Smith and his team live the idea of designing and building better parts. The angle bore bushing was designed to eliminate barrel springing and/or sloppy bushing fit in an effort to avoid barrel springing. It allows a tight fit with no springing. It truly is a better mousetrap.

Any Trp non railed peeps with aftermarket sights on? I am looking at potential sights for a future purchase. Seems like there are limited options. Should I go for a rear I want then figure out the front height after shooting? Looks as though it could have a .325/.375 rear height. So until I have hands on I really will not know. Wish there was a ameriglo orange front available for the springer cut.

Also bench racing here. But how many of you run a extended ejector on your pistols?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine came to me with a Dawson adjustable rear and Dawson (I think) FO front

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

10-8 rear sight on mine.p with factory front tritium with a dab of orange paint around the vial. When that dies, I'll probably go with a gold bead of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post

10-8 rear sight on mine.p with factory front tritium with a dab of orange paint around the vial. When that dies, I'll probably go with a gold bead of some sort.
    That’s a good idea. I have Johnny Od quite a few sights. What’s the height on your rear and what’s poi?

I am no fan of 6 o’clock hold

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    That’s a good idea. I have Johnny Od quite a few sights. What’s the height on your rear and what’s poi?

I am no fan of 6 o’clock hold

It is a .325 height with .140 u notch. It is a cover hold? It's not 6 o'clock hold- I didn't like it either. My front sight covers poi. That's how I have all my guns set up.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    It is a .325 height with .140 u notch. It is a cover hold? It's not 6 o'clock hold- I didn't like it either. My front sight covers poi. That's how I have all my guns set up.
    Okay good deal. I prefer the split the dot picture. But the combat like you run is definitely better than 6 o’clock for me. Thank you. I will probably get a .325 rear and then go from there.

10-8 told me they are a bit out from making Springfield cut front sights again.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Any Trp non railed peeps with aftermarket sights on? I am looking at potential sights for a future purchase. Seems like there are limited options. Should I go for a rear I want then figure out the front height after shooting? Looks as though it could have a .325/.375 rear height. So until I have hands on I really will not know. Wish there was a ameriglo orange front available for the springer cut.

Also bench racing here. But how many of you run a extended ejector on your pistols?

Any Novak Low-Mount pattern rear will fit.

No good reason to use an extended ejector. They peen, and then break.

User Tag List