Page 241 of 256 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2560

Thread: The Art and Science of Keeping Your 1911 Running

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    Nice, there are slide stops out there, as well as grips and maybe triggers...I don't think I've seen a grip safety for a 1914 out there, but I'm sure with enough digging you could find one.

The "problem" is they'll never be "matching" with replacements. Hopefully whomever you bought that from has the original parts in a box somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    You have my attention. Please spill the details. That looks like the 1914 Kongsberg Colt AKA the Norwegian licensed copy of the 1911. It has a few mods, including grips and trigger.
    Well, I wish I knew the story to this guy.

It sits in my office but it belongs to the PD I work for. I saved it from being cut up.

It was found in a vacant apartment in our city by apt maintenance, on a closet shelf up high.

It had been in our evidence for years and it was destiny for me to look at the cut up list.

The only thing I know, it’s not all factory. Someone changed the slide stop, thumb safety, trigger and grips along its journey. The action feels tuned.

The slide is stamped 1942.

If it could only talk, I bet it has some stories.

I am amazed this dude has only turned brown. No heavy rust. I know it was not cared for in our humid basement for yearssssssss.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

here is the other side. The 1942 stamp on the slide, just fwd of the serrations.

and this mag was with it.

Its a shame someone changed it up. Who knows, maybe those parts broke.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Had a unique FTF with the TRP this weekend with a Wilson ETM mag. I was carrying the TRP since it has proven reliable and just passed the 500rd mark including 2-3 mags of Fed HST. The malfunction was a FTF, but the bullet went nose down in the magazine and never touched the feed ramp. I’m inclined to count this malfunction against the mag and not the gun, as I ran 2 mags of HST in a 47D right after and both worked fine.

Anyone ever seen anything like this? Is this a mag or a gun issue?

Quote Originally Posted by thatguybryan View Post
    Had a unique FTF with the TRP this weekend with a Wilson ETM mag. I was carrying the TRP since it has proven reliable and just passed the 500rd mark including 2-3 mags of Fed HST. The malfunction was a FTF, but the bullet went nose down in the magazine and never touched the feed ramp. I’m inclined to count this malfunction against the mag and not the gun, as I ran 2 mags of HST in a 47D right after and both worked fine.

Sounds like a magazine issue to me. I would mark it and regulate it to range use

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Sounds like a magazine issue to me. I would mark it and regulate it to range use
    Yeah I'd concur, mag issue of some kind - either the previous round was weak and the slide came back quicker than usual, or the mag spring is worn and needs to be replaced - either way it sounds like it couldn't present the round quick enough and the slide almost over ran it.

How old is the mag, how many cycles through it? ETMs are supposed to come with flat wire super long lasting HD springs, but...anything can wear and fail.

Kongsberg Colt time!

And the first C&Rsenal video that ends in the, "modern," era, with the replacement of the M/1914 by the Glock 17.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    Yeah I'd concur, mag issue of some kind - either the previous round was weak and the slide came back quicker than usual, or the mag spring is worn and needs to be replaced - either way it sounds like it couldn't present the round quick enough and the slide almost over ran it.

How old is the mag, how many cycles through it? ETMs are supposed to come with flat wire super long lasting HD springs, but...anything can wear and fail.
    The mag is actually only a few range trips (maybe 150 rounds) old. Somehow it did get a dent in the tube body right near where the round feeds into the gun, and the follower does seem to stick a bit more than my 47Ds. I am guessing the dent came from hitting the mag body on the inside of the magazine release a bit too hard. (Not trying to blame the GF, but she was with me last range trip and can be a bit aggressive with mag insertion).

Regardless, it caused me pause because it’s a well regarded magazine and because I got literally one shot off from the way I was carrying it and it malf’d.

Somehow it did get a dent in the tube body right near where the round feeds into the gun,
    I don't know if this is the dent you have, but the ETM mags do have a design feature dent at the top/right/front of the tube to help clear the mag catch.

Yeah ETMs have a little indent at the top right front of the mag, right before or even on the curve at the front of the body...I've got a handful of them and they all look like that.

User Tag List