Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caracal Enhanced Pistols: integrated striker control device, kinda.

Site Supporter

Caracal Enhanced Pistols: integrated striker control device, kinda.

I was really enamored with the original Caracal pistols when they initially came out in ~2011 or 2012. The importer at that time was in TN and sponsored a match a Oak Ridge. I lived in Nashville at then, so I drove over and shot the match with provided pistols and ammo. They seemed like solid pistols. I never bought one, but I have tried to keep track of what's happened with them over the past dozen years. Lately a few new videos have popped up on YouTube, and tonight a learned of about a very interesting new design feature.

Here's a freeze frame from a Sootch video that caught my eye:
    Name:  caracal freeze frame.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  47.6 KB

Skip to ~6:30 for a closer look. It is very "gadget." I don't have much hope of finding one of these in any of my local gun stores, but I'd sure like to handle one just to partially satisfy my curiosity.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I was really enamored with the original Caracal pistols when they initially came out in ~2011 or 2012. The importer at that time was in TN and sponsored a match a Oak Ridge. I lived in Nashville at then, so I drove over and shot the match with provided pistols and ammo. They seemed like solid pistols. I never bought one, but I have tried to keep track of what's happened with them over the past dozen years. Lately a few new videos have popped up on YouTube, and tonight a learned of about a very interesting new design feature.

Here's a freeze frame from a Sootch video that caught my eye:
    Name:  caracal freeze frame.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  47.6 KB

Skip to ~6:30 for a closer look. It is very "gadget." I don't have much hope of finding one of these in any of my local gun stores, but I'd sure like to handle one just to partially satisfy my curiosity.

Yep, similar to the PPS, Arex Delta, and the Rost Martin RM1c as well.

It’s just the butt end of the striker. Several pistols do that.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

A buddy and I T&E'd the original Caracal. It was really terrible. Poor accuracy and reliability out of the box. Then parts started breaking.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Isn't that the pistol that was literally breaking?

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Isn't that the pistol that was literally breaking?
    Literally literally.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    Yep, similar to the PPS, Arex Delta, and the Rost Martin RM1c as well.
    My interest in the Arex and RM (Arex clone?) just went from a 0/10 to a 4/10

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    My interest in the Arex and RM (Arex clone?) just went from a 0/10 to a 4/10
    I've been shooting, and now carrying, the Rost Martin RM1c since January. Very very happy with this firearm. Similar in size to a Macro but with a great trigger, full size optic capability, and has been more shootable.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    I've been shooting, and now carrying, the Rost Martin RM1c since January. Very very happy with this firearm. Similar in size to a Macro but with a great trigger, full size optic capability, and has been more shootable.
    Is there any relationship between the Arex and the RM or was that just a Reddit Rumor?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Is there any relationship between the Arex and the RM or was that just a Reddit Rumor?
    I’ve been shooting and have owned Arex Delta gen2 for a couple of years. The RM is an improved Arex Delta and RM says that they are partnered with Arex.

User Tag List