Page 33 of 256 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: The Art and Science of Keeping Your 1911 Running

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    A series 70 WC bulletproof extractor fit my Stainless Target just dandy. Just ticked by 2,000 rounds with zero issues since.
    I'm curious, is yours a Stainless Target or Stainless Target II?

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    This is the second set I have bought. They are pretty grippy and easy on the skin for carry. I like the big scoop and they are about in between full-size g10 and thin g10 grips for thickness. Easy to modify if you need to and you can stipple them if you need more traction. Definitely a cheap worthy upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am going to give them a try un an upcoming build. Thank you.

Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    This is the second set I have bought. They are pretty grippy and easy on the skin for carry. I like the big scoop and they are about in between full-size g10 and thin g10 grips for thickness. Easy to modify if you need to and you can stipple them if you need more traction. Definitely a cheap worthy upgrade.

I think I have 2 sets in my parts box. One standard and one set stippled. They are so cheap you can experiment with your pattern and not feel bad.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TWR View Post
    I'm curious, is yours a Stainless Target or Stainless Target II?
    Mine is a stainless II. It has the Swarz type firing pin block.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Thread awaken!!!

I'm currently working my way through Hilton Yams newest video, Duty Tune the 1911. I am not affiliated with Hilton, or Panteao Productions in any way, and I haven't even finished watching all of it and I'm already recommending it to anyone who will listen. If you do your own work (as many of us seem to), or do work for others, you will find this video invaluable.
    Last edited by 358156hp; 12-01-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 358156hp View Post
    Thread awaken!!!

I'm currently working my way through Hilton Yams newest video, Duty Tune the 1911. I am not affiliated with Hilton, or Panteo Productions in any way, and I haven't even finished watching all of it and I'm already recommending it to anyone who will listen. If you do your own work (as many of us seem to), or do work for others, you will find this video invaluable.
    And I think Hilton has them for sale directly on his site. I wish there were a download option. I'm about out of the disk format anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorikid View Post
    And I think Hilton has them for sale directly on his site. I wish there were a download option. I'm about out of the disk format anymore.

Maybe through Panteao? The appear to offer streaming video, I don't know if you can download from the site though.

I took his armorers class in 2012.

First rate class, very good instruction, great hands on and he put a file to my extractor!!!!
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

If you use Hilton’s 10-8 holiday code BFS19 - you can get a discount on the video from Yam when you order from the 10-8 website.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 12-01-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 358156hp View Post
    Maybe through Panteao? The appear to offer streaming video, I don't know if you can download from the site though.
    Had thought of that. My gut reaction is to go straight to Hilton's pockets when I can.

User Tag List