Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: G19- still the standard?

G19- still the standard?

I heard an interesting line from a you-tuber the other day (I know) but I thought it may lead to an interesting conversation along the lines of the sig p229.

The glock 19, for many good reasons and for many years, was the go to suggestion for a handgun that could cover ccw, home defense, and a duty role if neeed. Is it still the baseline or has it become something 2nd to some other new standard?

I think you could begin to make the argument that the Sig 365 line is becoming the go to civilian pistol. Thoughts?

The Glock 19 is still the single best do everything pistol. Most people want to EDC a smaller, "slimline" pistol, and the 365 family is clearly the leader of slimline pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I still think the G19 is the gold standard pistol. Others can do the job, but a G19 is supremely capable. Big enough for duty, small enough to conceal.

The P365 universe is starting to push its way in, though.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Could the 365 be the long awaited 'Glock Killah'? Only time will tell.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I've seen the 365 argument thrown around, but it doesn't compete anywhere near the 19 IMO. The base 365 doesn't even shoot as smoothly as a 43.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Could the 365 be the long awaited 'Glock Killah'? Only time will tell.
    While I like the 365, I’d say no. I’m sure there are exceptions, but I’d bet the house that the vast majority of people will shoot faster, more accurately and get better reliability and durability from a 19. The mere fact that we’re still having these types of discussions 35 years after its introduction is evidence that it is still the default answer to so many “which gun” questions IMO.

Site Supporter
    I like the grip of a Glock 19 and Glock 26 in all generations. I can pretty much cover anything I need with those. But I’m also not performance chasing at this point.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    I choose to be outside these two tents (G19 and P365), but I won't piss into them. The G19 Gen 5 MOS does so many things acceptably well that I think it is still the yardstick. The P365 - depending on guise - is much more concealable (and has a manual safety option that I think is a plus). Both are simple, easy to care for, optics ready, acceptably accurate, and rugged enough for the average user; neither of them needs to be dicked with to get the job done.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Site Supporter
    The G19 is still the best do it all pistol (and I own 2x as many P365 variants vs. G19s).

Pretty equal mix of 43x to 365. Glock could do better if they redesigned the 43 a bit, tad longer tad shorter bit wider with metal mag!

User Tag List