Page 245 of 256 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 2560

Thread: The Art and Science of Keeping Your 1911 Running

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    I bought it from a co worker who bought it for a CZ P10. He bought some fancy Cloud Defensive. I put my P attachment but its the rails that are loose. that makes sense why its loose. I will look into part numbers. thanks
    X300/b is for pic and other "normal" rails; X300/a is for Glock and so called "universal" rails. You can tell by the attachment method; if it has a couple of paddles to pull down, it's for Glocks - if it has a screw you need to tighten, it's for "Everything else"

[QUOTE=SW CQB 45;1525612]it's in my hands. I hope to shoot it at firearms training at police academy on Tuesday.

I went to a one-day Red Dot school and have a good understanding of the dot.

I hope to pump about 200-300 rounds through it before it returns to duty.

I think you are really going to like the red dot on that operator. I purchased a MC Operator that came from the factory with a RMR and it is awesome!

I don’t shoot it very much right now because I am on a revolver kick.

Name:  IMG_4958.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  68.2 KB

Wade

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    X300/b is for pic and other "normal" rails; X300/a is for Glock and so called "universal" rails. You can tell by the attachment method; if it has a couple of paddles to pull down, it's for Glocks - if it has a screw you need to tighten, it's for "Everything else"
    I'm curious where you're getting this information from, as I used what became X300As (and their predecessor, the X200, but same rail attachment method) on guns with Picatinny rails and have used X300Bs on Glocks: SureFires with either rail mounting method include the parts needed to mount to either a Glock-spec rail or an MIL-STD-1913-type rail.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

[QUOTE=defilade;1525684]
    Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    it's in my hands. I hope to shoot it at firearms training at police academy on Tuesday.

I went to a one-day Red Dot school and have a good understanding of the dot.

I hope to pump about 200-300 rounds through it before it returns to duty.

I think you are really going to like the red dot on that operator. I purchased a MC Operator that came from the factory with a RMR and it is awesome!

I don’t shoot it very much right now because I am on a revolver kick.

Name:  IMG_4958.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  68.2 KB

Wade
    Is this a new model? This is the first I’ve seen this/heard of it and I’m very interested.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I'm curious where you're getting this information from, as I used what became X300As (and their predecessor, the X200, but same rail attachment method) on guns with Picatinny rails and have used X300Bs on Glocks: SureFires with either rail mounting method include the parts needed to mount to either a Glock-spec rail or an MIL-STD-1913-type rail.
    Ah you're right, I just went back over the docs that came with my -As and -Bs - my -As came with the "U" insert installed by default, and my -Bs came with the "P" insert installed. I threw all the extra crap they came with in a box and left it there. I guess I just never bothered trying to change the insert in the lights to change the rails they would attach to, since I bought the -A specifically to attached to universal rails in the first place, and the -Bs to attach to rifles and guns with true pic rails.

[QUOTE=thatguybryan;1525833]
    Quote Originally Posted by defilade View Post
    Is this a new model? This is the first I’ve seen this/heard of it and I’m very interested.
    No they were only out for a short time in 2020. I think they must have been using up slides cut for Trijicon mounting plates and RMRs that they had for the 10mm 1911’s they had for a while.

I just stumbled across it on GB and bought one.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    Ah you're right, I just went back over the docs that came with my -As and -Bs - my -As came with the "U" insert installed by default, and my -Bs came with the "P" insert installed. I threw all the extra crap they came with in a box and left it there. I guess I just never bothered trying to change the insert in the lights to change the rails they would attach to, since I bought the -A specifically to attached to universal rails in the first place, and the -Bs to attach to rifles and guns with true pic rails.
    I started out with the X200 (I think 180 lumen) and X300 600 lumen and they used the same footprint bolt on rails for the spring loaded model. This one seems no different to me.

I actually have a B model 1000 lumen and the tint is very yellow compared to the Turbo. I wish I could send the B in for an turbo charger (ha!) upgrade, but I doubt that would happen.

I like the Turbo from a light standpoint.

My co-worker is the type where he throws everything away if it does not apply to his platform. I thought it would be a direct fit using the "P" plate. I tried the rails that fit snug on an older SF on the Turbo. They were loose too, so I am not sure what is going on.

I emailed Surefire for assistance.

I wonder if you shave the bottom of the plastic rails... if that would tighten it up. I have side to side and front to rear movement. Without the inner tube pieces (2), it would be a rattle.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

[QUOTE=defilade;1525839]
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguybryan View Post

No they were only out for a short time in 2020. I think they must have been using up slides cut for Trijicon mounting plates and RMRs that they had for the 10mm 1911’s they had for a while.

I just stumbled across it on GB and bought one.
    Sometimes SA will do something awesome through Lipseys or other distributors, like the Combat Operator, for limited runs. And they fly under the radar until it's too late to get them at reasonable prices. Unless you know to keep an eye out, or have a shop that carries some slightly nonstandard items.

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Shorikid;1526648]
    Quote Originally Posted by defilade View Post
    Sometimes SA will do something awesome through Lipseys or other distributors, like the Combat Operator, for limited runs. And they fly under the radar until it's too late to get them at reasonable prices. Unless you know to keep an eye out, or have a shop that carries some slightly nonstandard items.

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I wish I wasn’t in college at the time the combat operators were released. I saw a ton of them in my LGS and would love to have had one.

Side note, my TRP is now running fine with the Wilson ETM. Since that one nose dive round issue, I have loaded it both with my carry load (230gr HST) and multiple different brass .45 and it hasn’t skipped a beat.

Some thoughts that maybe someone with more experience can answer—if I load the mag full and load the top round into the chamber from the mag, then reload that additional round, could that cause this? It seems the 1911 mags want to nosedive rounds when downloading from a full mag, and I’m thinking that could be a part of it.

I have seen this happen with an old Colt Commander of mine once as well. I am thinking that is either the cause, or the other potential cause is the mags are new and not fully broken in yet. Once I got more rounds on the mags, they all seem to work just fine.

I was reviewing some information and HY indicated nose dive is part of feeding.

I dont think a true feed can be replicated by hand pushing a round as you will get various results.

If this is a Springer, they are notorious for short feed ramps. If it nose dives below a short feed ramp, it might not feed.

Here is an interesting video from BWilson and KHackathorn talking about bullet ogive which might add to the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlPx-xJC_ZY
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

User Tag List