Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: snubby grip fix 'em upper

These are $10.97 on Prime. Just ordered 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    These are $10.97 on Prime. Just ordered 2
    Gads, what a deal. I already have a set that I am not using but for that cheap I bought some to grind on!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Yeah, same for me. I’m okay with a little bit of heresy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

The modded hogue 60020 grips worked great with +P loads Monday @ the range. Keeper.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    Yeah, same for me. I’m okay with a little bit of heresy.
    If you are good with tools, the medallions are the same diameter as a .38/.357 case head. A little metal cutting and some glue (or a hard rivet if you're cool)...
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    If you are good with tools, the medallions are the same diameter as a .38/.357 case head. A little metal cutting and some glue (or a hard rivet if you're cool)...

Definitely like the mods to the Hogue 60020. Makes the grip, I hold a high grip, more comfortable and concealability is increased. I had a set of the Hogues on a 640 Pro but took them off due to their bulk. I see a Dremel tool on my horizon. 442 no lock look out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Definitely like the mods to the Hogue 60020. Makes the grip, I hold a high grip, more comfortable and concealability is increased. I had a set of the Hogues on a 640 Pro but took them off due to their bulk. I see a Dremel tool on my horizon. 442 no lock look out!
    I'd go with the a band saw or some kind of guided cutter, if you have the means. I pretty much hacked the plastic with a cutting wheel on the 60020 grip. Mines not anywhere near as clean as the other one in this thread. I chopped the rubber part off while on the gun. I used taped off a guide of where I wanted to cut, then took the plastic off of the gun. I still butchered the plastic and had to do sanding on the plastic. I spent around a half hour cutting and sanding. I may clean it up some more but my 442 is going to get carried heavily and shot frequently.

The Taurus grip may be cleaner and requires less effort.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

This needs a bump because it’s such an awesome idea. The grip used kicks ass and I can’t see any real downside to a slightly shorter version. I’m looking for a deal on another just to chop and compare for myself.

http://instagram.com/p/CXG2p85rjRU/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List