Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New Aftermarket Glock 19 from Shadow Systems

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffw78 View Post
    These seem very nice. I wish they did a 17 as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I'd like to see a 19X or 45 variant.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Whoa! Lousy photo. But I have one, none the less.

The shop had a couple Combat and Elite models. Only ones cut for an RMR were the Elites. I didn't feel like paying extra for unwanted slide windows.

If I like and keep the gun I might see if I can find someone to cut it for the Unity Tactical ATOM plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Whoa! Lousy photo. But I have one, none the less.

The shop had a couple Combat and Elite models. Only ones cut for an RMR were the Elites. I didn't feel like paying extra for unwanted slide windows.

If I like and keep the gun I might see if I can find someone to cut it for the Unity Tactical ATOM plate.

Congrats. Did you pick it up from Bass Pro.

I have been back and forth several times checking it out. I have almost talked myself into picking it up despite the gold barrel.

I have a training course I am putting on here in a few weeks, and would sure like to run one of these through its paces.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 06-02-2019 at 04:19 PM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Congrats. Did you pick it up from Bass Pro.

I have been back and forth several times checking it out. I have almost talked myself into picking it up despite the gold barrel.

I have a training course I am putting on here in a few weeks, and would sure like to run one of these through its paces.

TXPO
    I found a shop that had several in stock. And, best thing, prices were less than Bass Pro.

They had a Combat with the gold barrel but I bought the one with the "rose" color. It is sort of a gray with a slight pink hue.

I found a shop that had several in stock. And, best thing, prices were less than Bass Pro.

They had a Combat with the gold barrel but I bought the one with the "rose" color. It is sort of a gray with a slight pink hue.

Nice score. I haven't found anyone here locally other than bass pro that has them in stock. While their prices are lower than directly from Shadow, they are typically higher than other shops.

I figure, like you, if I pick one up, like it, and decide to keep it, I will live with the gold barrel, or purchase a black barrel from Shadow at some point to replace it.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 06-02-2019 at 09:10 PM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Here's the "rose" barrel. I think it looks okay. Black would have been better.

If I like the gun I'll probably buy a black barrel.

Anyway, initial impressions are decent. The slide and metal parts are nicely machined and finished. The frame has a slightly visible seam running down the middle but it isn't unsightly. The trigger is fairly light but it does have a pretty good amount of grit to it. Not nearly as good as I was expecting from a custom type gun.

As others have mentioned the frame is a very hard plastic. Compared to my Nomad frame, the Nomad has more give.

Last edited by Tokarev; 06-02-2019 at 10:12 PM.

Parts Interchangeability

Of course Glock mags fit the Shadow. Slides will swap too between frames as will recoil spring assemblies. Also, the MR918 will accept a factory Glock barrel.

Looking the pistol over, it appears that one of the slide parts are Glock. Some of the frame parts are. The trigger housing and probably the mag release are Glock parts. Surprisingly the locking block is black and does not appear to be a Glock item.

Here's the "rose" barrel. I think it looks okay. Black would have been better.

If I like the gun I'll probably buy a black barrel.

Anyway, initial impressions are decent. The slide and metal parts are nicely machined and finished. The frame has a slightly visible seam running down the middle but it isn't unsightly. The trigger is fairly light but it does have a pretty good amount of grit to it. Not nearly as good as I was expecting from a custom type gun.

As others have mentioned the frame is a very hard plastic. Compared to my Nomad frame, the Nomad has more give.

That rose color isn't too bad. I' still prefer black, but the other colors are starting to grow on me. I haven't been able to try any of the triggers in the ones I have looked at, Bass Pro shops, but grit shouldn't be to hard to eliminate. It could be machining remanence that may not have been cleaned out properly.

I agree these should be GTG when the leave the factory, I would think they would catch things like gritty triggers and such.

I like to think the MR918 is Glock's Kimber. Shadow Systems, and Zev building complete Glock type pistols. I wonder what other companies may be next.

Several main stream manufactures came out with their own 1911 designs once the patent was up. I can help wonder if the same may occur with the Glock design in the future.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 06-03-2019 at 06:29 AM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Of course Glock mags fit the Shadow. Slides will swap too between frames as will recoil spring assemblies. Also, the MR918 will accept a factory Glock barrel.

Looking the pistol over, it appears that one of the slide parts are Glock. Some of the frame parts are. The trigger housing and probably the mag release are Glock parts. Surprisingly the locking block is black and does not appear to be a Glock item.
    I would really like to see what the accuracy potential is out of these. Especially with them using their own locking blocks and barrels. I am actually please to hear that, since Glocks locking blocks seem to have a wide tolerance range.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 06-03-2019 at 06:32 AM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I would really like to see what the accuracy potential is out of these. Especially with them using their own locking blocks and barrels. I am actually please to hear that, since Glocks locking blocks seem to have a wide tolerance range.

TXPO
    I will hopefully get some shots fired quite soon. If not one of these evenings after work hopefully this coming weekend.

Don't get me wrong. The trigger on my sample isn't that bad. It resets nicely and is decent enough. But it does have some grit that I wasn't expecting.

The Combat, which is the entry level gun, should have a black or even an uncoated stainless steel barrel. A raw stainless barrel would work and would probably shave a few bucks off. Leave the funky and flashy colors for the Elite.

One other thing--the grip inserts are held on, in part, by a little plug. This plug is swapped out for a longer one when installing the mag well. This long insert could possibly serve as a lanyard ring depending on how small your lanyard is. Maybe I'll email Shadow and suggest they make a machined aluminum plug with a bigger hole for those wanting or needing a lanyard.

I like the Kimber analogy.

User Tag List