Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: New Aftermarket Glock 19 from Shadow Systems

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    None of the improvements are worth getting shot in the head if you drop your gun though.
    I emailed the reddit link above to Shadow Systems to see if they've seen and if they have a response.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I think you'd be right in most cases, but there are some features that offer actual improvements. For example, the optic cut on these are better than the M.O.S. options, and the beavertail can help those of us with fat hands from getting slide bite when we get a high grip.

None of the improvements are worth getting shot in the head if you drop your gun though.
    No doubt there are some definite advantages. I suffer from terrible slide bite shooting Glocks. So much so that I hate shooting them. I just don’t see the appeal to the general shooting public. I guess they’re cool, which is fine, everyone can spend their money how they want, I simply firmly believe that most people would be better off spending their cash on ammo, more ammo, legit training and more legit training before they spent it on a Gucci anything.

This is old, from July, but I didn't see it until today.

Making a better Glock than Glock?
    Posted to YouTube on July 31, 2020, by IITV
    Chad Jewett, Vice President of Shadow Systems Corp., sits down via zoom to talk a bit about gun politics and and how guns are perceived by gun enthusiasts. Also he'll tell us a little bit about Shadow Systems a company that is manufacturing a Glock style pistol, but with a little extra.

So do people think a stock pistol went bang when dropped, and if so why? If this legit, my Shadow is going away.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cereal View Post
    I will never understand why people pay exorbitant amounts of money for “custom” Glock clones. You can put lipstick on a pig but it’s still a Glock. These releases are so meh and boring to me. All these companies essentially going back to the well time and time again with different slide cuts, whiz bang triggers, fancy coatings and finishes. I just don’t see a point to them, it’s still just a Glock.

I’d love to go head to head against someone with a Gucci Glock vs me and my stock beat-to-shit Glocks. Maybe it’s my ego talking here, but I wager a good number of the people forking out the cash for these guns really aren’t good shooters to begin with. Sorry if I pissed anyone off.

I totally agree and asked that question earlier in this thread.

I don’t get why someone would spend money on a Glock clone that is pretty untested to the masses and unproven. With the release of the gen 5 Glocks that have gone through extensive testing, why would you want to stray from that?

There are aftermarket MOS plates and beaver tails that can be used.
    I would rather take a stock Glock.

Whatever the Shadow Systems secret sauce is, my MR918 shoots noticeably flatter than a stock G19, feels better in the hand, and is easier to grip and draw. I’ll be VERY happy to learn in the coming weeks that the ingredients in the secret sauce do not include giving me a haircut when dropped.

Is there a drop fire issue with some of Shadow System’s guns? Please excuse my ignorance. I joined this discussion late and I’m too lazy to read all 200 something responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cereal View Post
    Is there a drop fire issue with some of Shadow System’s guns? Please excuse my ignorance. I joined this discussion late and I’m too lazy to read all 200 something responses.
    Start one page back, page 20.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    So do people think a stock pistol went bang when dropped, and if so why? If this legit, my Shadow is going away.
    Hard telling at this point. Is this an isolated incident or have there been other reports?

The reddit guy's story seems plausible but then he makes mention of not trying to catch the gun as it falls. Is that just a general comment on safety as he suggests or is he admitting without admitting that that's what he did?

In the video I linked above, the CEO of Shadow covers how the drop safeties work and why they did what they did with regards to trigger and pre-travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Hard telling at this point. Is this an isolated incident or have there been other reports?

The reddit guy's story seems plausible but then he makes mention of not trying to catch the gun as it falls. Is that just a general comment on safety as he suggests or is he admitting without admitting that that's what he did?
    He did clarify that he let it fall somewhere else. I think that was just meant general comment on safety.

Just like any other dude on the internet, there isn't really a way of knowing if he's telling the truth or the whole truth. We don't know who he is or if he has some way of benefiting from making this up, or if he has made modifications to the gun and just doesn't want to admit it after this.

Ishared it because it seemed like important info and didn't appear to be complete fiction. Even if everything he says is true, it is a sample size of one so that doesn't mean there is necessarily a problem with the design of the Shadow Systems guns... but that doesn't mean there ISN'T a problem with the design either.

This was said previously, but as such a small manufacturer there just isn't any way they can compare with the testing that Glock does, not to mention all of the other testing Glocks have been through for contracts, department use, etc. The videos make it clear that they took care in ensuring the safety of the design, so hopefully this is just a one off.

I'm very interested to see if they respond about the Reddit post, and really hope they are able to get their hands on the pistol to figure out what happened.

*EDIT - he did state he has contacted the company and is going to send the gun in so they can take a look at it.
    Last edited by dontshakepandas; 12-10-2020 at 08:28 AM.

User Tag List