Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: New Aftermarket Glock 19 from Shadow Systems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du8kXPzCLV4

Mags maybe the weak point or other issues, but this was with the older model.

Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du8kXPzCLV4

Mags maybe the weak point or other issues, but this was with the older model.
    Mine fails the muzzle up with finger on trigger function check with the factory spring. It passes the test with a Glock factory Gen4 spring. I wonder if they tried a Glock spring in that gun.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

MR920s appear to be shipping as I see a number of listings on gunbroker.

It is possible that guns are not in stock yet with listings being posted in anticipation of receiving guns from Shadow Systems.

A recent YouTube video

https://youtu.be/Nthk9Tc-LaI

Just saw a report of a MR918 that fired when dropped. I briefly looked at purchasing one of these, but now I'm glad I stuck with Glocks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CCW/comment...oday_i_had_an/

Today, I had an accidental discharge from a drop of my pistol. About a 2 foot drop onto the back of the slide. The gun fell out of my gun safe and hit the tile floor. The gun fell on its own, with a full magazine, with no holster in place.
    The red mark is the bullet grazing my head. It even gave me a haircut. I am lucky to be alive. Please hug your loved ones, life is too short. Everyone is fine.
    Update: As a learning lesson from this. The general firearm safety rule, is if a gun is falling, simply let it fall and do not attempt to grab it. When attempts are made to keep the firearm from falling, that is when safety mechanisms and triggers are pulled accidentally, causing discharges. I did not touch the pistol when it fell at all whatsoever. It fell from the shelf to the floor uninterrupted.
    This case was a massive malfunction of the pistol which caused the accidental discharge of the firearm when it hit the floor.

Double post. Sorry.

Last edited by Tokarev; 12-09-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Do we know if the gun in question had been modified after it left Shadow Systems?

https://youtu.be/qDIuoJCZ1Ck

He stated it was completely stock in a few of the comments.

Do we know if the gun in question had been modified after it left Shadow Systems? He seems to indicate that it wasn't but I'm not on reddit and can't see the comments, etc.

Here's a recent video from Shadow Systems. Possibly in response?

I will never understand why people pay exorbitant amounts of money for “custom” Glock clones. You can put lipstick on a pig but it’s still a Glock. These releases are so meh and boring to me. All these companies essentially going back to the well time and time again with different slide cuts, whiz bang triggers, fancy coatings and finishes. I just don’t see a point to them, it’s still just a Glock.

I’d love to go head to head against someone with a Gucci Glock vs me and my stock beat-to-shit Glocks. Maybe it’s my ego talking here, but I wager a good number of the people forking out the cash for these guns really aren’t good shooters to begin with. Sorry if I pissed anyone off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cereal View Post
    I will never understand why people pay exorbitant amounts of money for “custom” Glock clones. You can put lipstick on a pig but it’s still a Glock. These releases are so meh and boring to me. All these companies essentially going back to the well time and time again with different slide cuts, whiz bang triggers, fancy coatings and finishes. I just don’t see a point to them, it’s still just a Glock.

I’d love to go head to head against someone with a Gucci Glock vs me and my stock beat-to-shit Glocks. Maybe it’s my ego talking here, but I wager a good number of the people forking out the cash for these guns really aren’t good shooters to begin with. Sorry if I pissed anyone off.
    I think you'd be right in most cases, but there are some features that offer actual improvements. For example, the optic cut on these are better than the M.O.S. options, and the beavertail can help those of us with fat hands from getting slide bite when we get a high grip.

None of the improvements are worth getting shot in the head if you drop your gun though.

User Tag List