Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: New Aftermarket Glock 19 from Shadow Systems

I'm attending a Gabe White pistol class this weekend and have been running my MR918. No issues to report with the gun. The trigger is good. Repeatable and predictable. I've had a couple instances where my support hand has interfered with the slide stop. And the gun shoots a little high for me if I sort of let my concentration wander. Both are not uncommon for me with Glocks.

We ran a number of fairly low round count drills this morning but the drills got a bit more intense later on. Total rounds fired at any one time was about sixty rounds.

I haven't noticed any heat issues at all with the frame. I am running the gun with a TLR-7 attached and wonder if the light isn't acting like a heat sink. The slide has gotten pretty toasty but not the frame. Not that I've found anyway.

More tomorrow. But so far no issues related to the gun itself.

I did pull my Sokol Hi-Power out for the last two drills. The gun feels "round" after shooting the Glock copy all day. Good times!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    And the gun shoots a little high for me if I sort of let my concentration wander. Both are not uncommon for me with Glocks.
    Which backstrap were you using?

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Which backstrap were you using?
    The "Glock" one. Since my agency is transitioning to the Glock I'd like to keep the factory feel.

The "Glock" one. Since my agency is transitioning to the Glock I'd like to keep the factory feel.

For the sake of experimentation, have you tried the low backstrap to see how much it affects POI?

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    For the sake of experimentation, have you tried the low backstrap to see how much it affects POI?
    No. I tried the other back straps in regard to overall feel but that is all.

@Tokarev, from the Karl Sokol HiPower thread, I’m assuming you used the aluminum cased ammo in the MR918 as well. How did it function? We’re you using Magpul magazines or Glock magazines? The only issues I’ve had with one of my Glocks came from Blazer Aluminum in Magpul magazines. Have you tried any steel cased ammo in your gun?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I’m assuming you used the aluminum cased ammo in the MR918...The only issues I’ve had with one of my Glocks came from Blazer Aluminum in Magpul magazines. Have you tried any steel cased ammo in your gun?
    I used the same ammo in both pistols during the class. I had no reliability problems with the MR918. I used several Glock mags of various vintage as well as one Magpul mag and one KCI mag.

The only steel cased ammo I've tried in the MR918 has been half a box of the Winchester stuff. It shot pretty well but I did have one failure to eject.

I used the same ammo in both pistols during the class. I had no reliability problems with the MR918. I used several Glock mags of various vintage as well as one Magpul mag and one KCI mag.

The only steel cased ammo I've tried in the MR918 has been half a box of the Winchester stuff. It shot pretty well but I did have one failure to eject.

Thanks. I’m looking forward to when mine arrives at my FFL. I’m probably just as excited to get to really put some time in with a RDS equipped pistol when I mount my 507c to it.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Thanks. I’m looking forward to when mine arrives at my FFL. I’m probably just as excited to get to really put some time in with a RDS equipped pistol when I mount my 507c to it.
    What model did you order? Combat or Elite?

I see they're making a variant with an FDE frame now. Personally I'm still holding out hope for some type of 17 or 45/47 copy.

New Aftermarket Glock 19 from Shadow Systems

What model did you order? Combat or Elite?

I see they're making a variant with an FDE frame now. Personally I'm still holding out hope for some type of 17 or 45/47 copy.
    I ordered a Combat with the optics cut. A small part of me is tempted to contact the company and change the order to an Elite but I don’t think I’d get much benefit from the slide cuts. I don’t think I’d gain anything from the top serrations. Shadow Systems recently posted on their Instagram that they’re releasing an MR918L which was a 17 sized slide on the 19 sized frame. They dropped some hints about a possible 17 sized gun coming a while ago so it’s probably on the way.

ETA: I found the comment I was thinking about. When asked about a 17 sized frame, the response was “in the works—likely middle of 2020.”
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 10-28-2019 at 04:43 PM.

User Tag List