Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: New Aftermarket Glock 19 from Shadow Systems

I kind of want one of these. How does the trigger compare to a well broken in Gen5 Glock?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I kind of want one of these. How does the trigger compare to a well broken in Gen5 Glock?

I polished up the trigger bar on mine as the striker black tab had a few burrs. The trigger on mine is as smooth as my 19X's and G45's now. The connector in it is a Taran Tactical. It has more of a wall than the Gen5 connector, which isn't a bad thing. I may through a dot connector in there just to see how it feels.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

I haven't really messed with any Gen 5 guns yet. Is the trigger much different between the 5 and the previous gens?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I haven't really messed with any Gen 5 guns yet. Is the trigger much different between the 5 and the previous gens?

Once the Gen5 guns break in, there’s almost no wall and you get a smooth rolling break. The wall is present enough that if you concentrate you can still take the slack out.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Once the Gen5 guns break in, there’s almost no wall and you get a smooth rolling break. The wall is present enough that if you concentrate you can still take the slack out.
    That's because Glock has changed the firing pin block from the round flat pin to more of a triangular shaped wedge?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    That's because Glock has changed the firing pin block from the round flat pin to more of a triangular shaped wedge?

Thats what changed the way the 5th Gen triggers feel compared to previous gens. I like the 5th Gen trigger a alot, but I like 4th gen triggers just as well once broken in.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Nice

Glamor shot

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Well nothing to report about yesterdays training session with the MR. 645 rounds fired, and nothing other than plain ole boring reliability. To date I have just over 900 rounds through my MR918 with out any failures. Several folks got to shoot it yesterday and all remarked on how much they liked the way the pistol shot. One thing to note, this pistol didn't get very dirty during the 900 plus rounds. I have not cleaned it since new, and last night was the first time I finally gave it a cleaning.

I took the pistol down, and just wiped off the major components, to look for any abnormal wear patterns or issues. The images below are from just a general wipe down, not a thorough cleaning. That came after the pics. Everything looked normal, and there was very little wear, At least no more than your average Gen 5 gun. At this point the MR has proven GTG so I have placed it into my On/Off duty carry rotation. I'll continue to monitor it's progression and if anything develops I'll report. I am extremely impressed and very happy with the performance displayed by the MR918.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 06-14-2019 at 07:50 AM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Thanks for the update. What's next?

One thing I'm a little curious about is reliability with a light attached. Sometimes the extra weight on the frame can cause cycling issues. Kind of the opposite of limp wrist where the slide velocity is increased due to the additional mass.

I have a duty holster for a G19 with light. Maybe I'll get it mounted to a belt and play with the gun in that configuration for a few days. See if anything funky happens with a TLR-1 mounted up.

User Tag List