Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Aftermarket Glock 19 from Shadow Systems

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I'm having an extremely hard time not going back to my Bass Pro shop and purchasing one, gold TiN barrel and all.

TXPO
    The one that interests me is the one they don't make. That would be RMR cut with black barrel.

I saw the dealer locator on the website and was pleased to see a local shop listed. I called the shop but the sales guy had absolutely no clue what I was talking about. I think maybe I'll call back tomorrow (or maybe just head over there this weekend) and see if I can talk to someone more knowledgeable.

I did call my "local" Bass Pro and found they do have a 918 Combat in stock. The fellow told me they did have the Elite but it already sold. Too bad my "local" Bass Pro is 2+ hours up the road. I really do want to check one of these out.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    The one that interests me is the one they don't make. That would be RMR cut with black barrel.

I saw the dealer locator on the website and was pleased to see a local shop listed. I called the shop but the sales guy had absolutely no clue what I was talking about. I think maybe I'll call back tomorrow (or maybe just head over there this weekend) and see if I can talk to someone more knowledgeable.

I did call my "local" Bass Pro and found they do have a 918 Combat in stock. The fellow told me they did have the Elite but it already sold. Too bad my "local" Bass Pro is 2+ hours up the road. I really do want to check one of these out.

Actually they do make that version it just doesn’t show on their website. I talked to one of there guys yesterday and he told me he was going to fix it so it does show up.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Photos of Shadow Systems Elite vs Customized Glocks

I was fortunate to acquire a Shadow Systems Elite MR918 on Monday from Bass Pro, which is selling it for $100 less than the Shadow Systems’ own website. With taxes, it came to $1039- DEAL! I echo previous comments regarding the quality of this pistol. I have not shot it yet but can attest to the build quality. I replaced two parts; the trigger (more on that later) and the Slide lock. Otherwise, the gun is perfect.
    Here are some photos of the pistol quality, and some comparisons with my other customized Glocks.

Name:  Slide1.jpg
Views: 7073
Size:  81.7 KBName:  Slide2.jpg
Views: 2326
Size:  34.9 KBName:  Slide4.jpg
Views: 2620
Size:  50.3 KBName:  Slide3.jpg
Views: 2254
Size:  51.1 KBName:  Slide5.jpg
Views: 2330
Size:  60.2 KBName:  Slide7.jpg
Views: 2792
Size:  57.3 KBName:  Slide8.jpg
Views: 3468
Size:  47.9 KB

Notice how low the RMR sits on the Shadow slide compared to the other milled slides. I can see the regular sights over the lower placed RMR and do not need Suppressor BUIS. I attached the smallest backstrap in the photo, which makes the grip angle like a 1911. I wear small gloves for comparison. I do not have to adjust my grip to activate the magazine release.

Quote Originally Posted by Thn9mm View Post
    I was fortunate to acquire a Shadow Systems Elite MR918 on Monday from Bass Pro, which is selling it for $100 less than the Shadow Systems’ own website. With taxes, it came to $1039- DEAL!
    Don’t forget the best benefit of buying at Basspro, discount gift cards. Current discount is 14%, seen it as high as 20%.
    Puts the elite at $878 out the door in FL.

Anyway I swung by my Basspro and checked them out today, they had combat w/o rmr cut and elite with threaded barrel.

They are pretty much What you would hope the gen6 should be mixed with the legion type upgrades (without sig quality issues. Or at least you assume. This is a pretty new company, which ironically automatically puts them above sig in quality by default).

Frame is perfect. Backstrap system reminds me of P series hk. Texture is aggressive but not too much for iwb, might be close though. I would describe as an M&p 2.0 texture that has been sandpapered a bit. Beaver tail is effective but not obtrusive.

Slide machining, fit, and finish were excellent. Sights were good. Green front really pops, reminds me of sig X-ray. Appeared to have normal gen4 backplate so SCD should fit.

Indifferent on barrel. Both were spiral and gold. Not my jam, as soon have black.

Elite was noticeably lighter than the combat.

Couldn’t comment on trigger as basspro wouldn’t remove the trigger lock chastity belt.

Considering bass pro is charging $100 less than the shadow systems site and the gift card discount these represent an incredible value. If shadow systems would ship an elite or combat with rmr cut and black non threaded barrel I will buy without a second thought. Counter guy informed me he can’t request anything, nor does he know what they are getting. He knew exactly jack about these and said I was the first to ask to see them. He described them as “some sort of knockoff Glock”, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnw View Post
    Counter guy...knew exactly jack about these and...described them as “some sort of knockoff Glock”.
    Well, he's not incorrect.

I was fortunate to acquire a Shadow Systems Elite MR918 on Monday from Bass Pro
    Thanks for the photos.

Well, he's not incorrect.
    No he’s not. But it’s like saying a Shelby is some kind of Ford knockoff.

Trigger Issues with the Shadow Systems MR918

When I bought the MR918 from Bass Pro, I could not evaluate the trigger because of their refusal to remove the trigger guard lock. Evaluating the pistol at home, I realized that the trigger required immediate remediation before use.
    The OEM trigger of the MR918 is an aluminum flat faced trigger with a 4-4.5 lb pull. This was not the issue. What was problematic was the tendency of the trigger to lock unless your finger pad is placed exactly flat on the safety hinge. Any other variation (finger rides high or finger curved around the trigger rather than flat), and the trigger tends to lock.
    In the photo, you can see that there is a long vertical face on the MR918 trigger before the safety hinge is reached. Compare that to the Overwatch Trigger (OT), in which the vertical face is much shorter.

Name:  Slide10.jpg
Views: 2464
Size:  50.2 KBName:  Slide11.jpg
Views: 2211
Size:  51.1 KB

In classes where I have done close retention shooting (shooting during grappling or high pectoral index shooting), my index finger can ride high on the trigger face depending on my body position while drawing the pistol. I wear a small glove and the width of my index finger is 15.3 mm. If I ride high on the MR918 trigger, then I cannot activate the safety hinge and the trigger locks as it should. If I ride high on the OT, then part of my finger can still depress the safety hinge and the pistol will fire. If I curl my finger around the trigger and am not exactly flat on the safety hinge, then the MR918 will not fire. This is unacceptable.
    On one hand, this makes the pistol safer in that your finger must be placed a specific way for the trigger to activate. On the other hand, this makes the pistol useless in close quarters shooting if you are wrestling with an opponent and cannot place your finger on the trigger in a certain way. My VP9 trigger is the same way. It has a tall vertical face before the safety hinge is reached and the trigger locks in close retention shooting. I have relegated my VP9 to the safe and do not carry it.
    I would still purchase the MR918 knowing that the trigger needs to be replaced. If you have larger fingers, then perhaps you may still be able to activate the safety hinge. I don’t know. I do know that for shooters with smaller hands, the trigger will be an issue.

I would still purchase the MR918 knowing that the trigger needs to be replaced. If you have larger fingers, then perhaps you may still be able to activate the safety hinge. I don’t know. I do know that for shooters with smaller hands, the trigger will be an issue.
    What will you be replacing it with?

Maybe give Shadow Systems a call and let them know.

What will you be replacing it with?

Maybe give Shadow Systems a call and let them know.

I replaced the trigger with an Overwatch precision trigger. Photo shown already has the replacement trigger installed. I did call the company to ask if there was anything I should know before replacing their OEM trigger. There was nothing unique to replacing it, just like any other trigger install. I told them that their trigger did not work for me but did not go into specifics. Perhaps I will forward to them this thread.

User Tag List