Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The FK Brno PSD is now available

Site Supporter

The FK Brno PSD is now available

This is the more utilitarian, polymer-framed version of the Field Pistol that came out a few years ago.

https://fkbrnous.com/product/psd-multi-caliber-pistol/

It's "only" $1600. Considering the Field Pistol is like 7 grand, that's... interesting. Do I need a pistol that shoots 100-grain bullets at 2000 ft / second? I hope not. Do I want one? Of course I do.

The radical/unorthodox handgun designs of late haven't really piqued my interest, all that much--the Hudson, the Alien, etc. But there's something about this thing that seems less gimmicky and more professional. It looks rugged and all-business. Who knows--maybe it doesn't run worth a crap. But at this stage... I think it's cool AF.

I'm not much into multi-caliber anything. I find myself looking to take the extra parts laying around and trying to turn them into whole guns.

Maybe if 7.5 FucK-me-that's-expensive ever comes down in price to be reasonably comparable with other hipster handgun rounds instead of premium rifle hunting ammo I might consider adding it to the stable, because guns are the one thing I'm materialistic about.

If this ugly bastard child of an SP01 Phantom and an H9 shoots as soft as an H9 and they can knock off 1/3rd of the price I might be down to get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Maybe if 7.5 FucK-me-that's-expensive ever comes down in price to be reasonably comparable with other hipster handgun rounds instead of premium rifle hunting ammo I might consider adding it to the stable, because guns are the one thing I'm materialistic about.
    I think they try to mitigate that by including the 10mm and 9mm barrels. I could see this being a nice platform for 10mm. Especially the hot Underwood kinda stuff. Then if you find yourself venturing out into grizzly country... spring for a box or two of 7.5 FK—in case 10mm doesn’t feel like enough insurance.

Fuck off 45 super - 7.5 is here!

Edit: @GJM needs a new bear gun...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Fuck off 45 super - 7.5 is here!

Edit: @GJM needs a new bear gun...
    Wonder if they could get .45 super in this thing?

Pretty cool!

In judging the value proposition consider it comes with a 10mm/.40 barrel or a 9mm barrel for cheaper practice, and an optics plate system that retains iron sights. I see a hex screw below the rear sight, perhaps indicating the irons are easily interchanged by the end user? That would be very helpful considering the different cartridges will likely have very different POI. Hopefully this retains the accuracy of the more expensive version, and the ammo is reasonably priced once the current madness settles down.

The closest comparable firearm on the market would be a Tanfo Witness 9mm with a spare barrel in .38 super or 9x25 Win. Perhaps their Elite Match or Polymer Match line. If you want optics you would need to get that milled, and there is no option for an interchangeable plate system. You would need to handload for the more powerful cartridge, I dont think there are any good factory ammo options. A roided up 9mm cartridge would still have nowhere near the capability of the bottlenecked 7.5mm cartridge. Also you wouldn't have the option of a "brace". You would be spending around $1300 to create the above Witness, which is 25% less than the Brno.

They list the weight at 7lbs.

That's gotta be a typo, right?
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    They list the weight at 7lbs.

That's gotta be a typo, right?
    My guess is that’s, like, the package they ship you. Because, you know—when it comes to weight in handguns, that’s what people want to know...

The terminal performance of the 7.5 FK round is impressive. It definitely penetrates. For many applications, it penetrates too much. 95-grain bullet at ~2050 fps is impressive. I can see how the niche the military wants to fill as it is the same issue that led to the M1 Carbine.

The "butterfly sight" is cool. The CZ-75 SAO is cool.

I fail to understand the $7500 price tag for a three-pound handgun. I do not see the attention to detail of a custom 1911 that can be used to justify the price. It is like 5X the price of the FN FiveSeveN.

It will make an awesome subject one day for Forgotten Weapons.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    The terminal performance of the 7.5 FK round is impressive. It definitely penetrates. For many applications, it penetrates too much. 95-grain bullet at ~2050 fps is impressive. I can see how the niche the military wants to fill as it is the same issue that led to the M1 Carbine.

The "butterfly sight" is cool. The CZ-75 SAO is cool.

I fail to understand the $7500 price tag for a three-pound handgun. I do not see the attention to detail of a custom 1911 that can be used to justify the price. It is like 5X the price of the FN FiveSeveN.

It will make an awesome subject one day for Forgotten Weapons.
    I tend to think the $7500 one is just like a high-end proof of concept; something that establishes the equity of the brand.

The $1600 PSD is the functional weapon that will actually drive their business.

User Tag List