Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: New Aftermarket Glock 19 from Shadow Systems

Another pic of the MR918L. I assume they'll officially release this at SHOT.

I'm not opposed to a 19L but I'd rather have a full sized pistol. Still holding out hope that they'll make a 19L slide and 19X frame pistol.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

New Aftermarket Glock 19 from Shadow Systems

Picked my MR918 up from my FFL today. Immediately installed a Gadget and the Holosun 507c I had purchased a few months back. I’m really excited to try out the dot life. Sadly I may not be able to shoot it for a while due to life circumstances.

It definitely feels like a solid, well made pistol. Everything is so tight that the gun squeaks when I work the slide. The trigger feels okay but it’s not as smooth as I would prefer. I really like the back strap system and how low in the slide the RMR pocket is. You can see the regular height iron sights through the window. I also really like the grip texture and the slide serrations. Those details were well thought out. I wish I could buy a Gen5 G19 with a frame that felt like the MR918 frame and an RMR cut already mulled into the slide.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 12-03-2019 at 09:31 PM.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I lucked out. A coworker agreed to bring me to his range as a guest and I was able to take a quick trip with the MR918. I put 120 rounds through it and can already say I’m going to have a lot of work to do figuring out how to shoot a pistol with an optic one it. I’m having a lot of problems with wanting to pull the trigger “NOW!” at the moment the dot where I want it. Seeing my wobble zone translated to the red dot is maddening. If it’s true that you’re not supposed to lose the dot during recoil, then I have A LOT of work to do on my grip/stance/recoil control because I would lose the dot each time.

I managed a 275/300 on a Super Test, bombing the 15y stage pretty badly with one off target completely and two in the 7 ring. I’m not going to say that’s the fault of the gun or the red dot though. I just didn’t used my time properly and completed that string in under 9 seconds. If I had slowed down and actually used the allotted time properly, I would likely have tightened that up substantially.

As for the pistol itself, I immediately had a couple of issues feeding/chambering. I had three types of ammo: Federal American Eagle 115gr, Speer Lawman 124gr, and Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P. I started by loading up a magazine of 15 rounds of the AE. I locked the slide back, inserted the mag, hit the slide release and the nose of the bullet got stuck on the feed ramp. I cleared that and tried again. Same thing. Then I loaded a mag on a closed slide and tried racking the slide to chamber a round. Same issue. I decided to try the Lawman in case the pistol wasn’t friendly with AE. I first tried loading a round from slide lock. A fourth failure to feed. I tried a slide rack from a closed slide and the round finally chambered. Once I was able to start shooting, there were no further issues with any of the three types of ammunition. All the ammo would feed and chamber from slide lock and during the firing cycle.

The manual states the pistol needs 150-200 rounds to break in because the tolerances are tight and the metal parts need to wear in together. That’s the only reason I didn’t immediately contact Shadow Systems. I’ll keep shooting it and, if I don’t have any further issues, I’ll chalk it up to tight dimensions in need of a break in period.

Otherwise, it shot like a Glock 19. I found the muzzle flip and recoil characteristics similar to shooting a regular 19 except this one had a much better frame texture.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I talked to Jessica at Shadow Systems yesterday. We talked a little about new projects. Of course there's the MR918L but also something else in the works that she can't disclose. It should be ready for launch at SHOT.

I wonder what this new product might be. A full-size pistol? I don't think anyone would be shocked to see a Shadow G17 so why the secrecy?

OK, so I have been looking at these for a month or 2 and checking out all of the info on them from different forums. My only issue was that BassPro/Cabelas would not allow me to try the trigger until today. After complaining to the manager she allowed me to try it and I liked it but was not impressed with the price point on the standard combat model so I walked out so i could think about it. Well low and behold I walked into another fun store i frequent today and they had a non threaded elite model and only had the 1. I was allowed to try the trigger, my aiwb holster and basically play with it for awhile to see if i liked it. After realizing they were having a sale for xmas, i got it at a very good deal before tax so i bought it. I am super hap[py with it and cannot wait to shoot it as soon as i can.

Just a quick pic of it for now but will have more on it once i hit the range...Name:  mr918.jpg
Views: 1234
Size:  50.9 KB

I decided it was time to get rid of the 124gr HST I've been carrying around in this gun for about six months. I replaced it with 147gr +P.

It was only 31 rounds of 124 followed by a few rounds of 147 to verify point of aim at 25 yards but I continue to be pleased and impressed with my MR918.

I too am liking this gun. I still think it is just a glorified glock 19 and I could have 2 guns for the price this cost but it does have a nice trigger pull and it is accurate as well so not all is lost. I only have 200 rounds through mine so far. Ironically, the only problem I have had is an american eagle 147 grain did not want to feed after the feed ramp was dirty when I hit the slide stop lever on a reload on the first round. Dont know if it is because of the flat nose of the 147 grain or not but when I pulled the slide rearward and loaded it on that mag, it was fine. Never had that problem the rest of the time so I am thinking it was a one time thing...

Somehow I missed this thread. Cool. Hoping their new release is a single stack or something else my wife's tiny hands will fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post
    I too am liking this gun. I still think it is just a glorified glock 19...
    It is absolutely a glorified Glock 19. Parts will interchange and it will work in G19 holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post
    ...I still think it is just a glorified glock 19...
    Me also, but in this month's issue of Calibre, Shadow Systems has a two-page ad that proclaims themselves: "MAKERS OF THE REVOLUTIONARY MR918"

User Tag List