Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: New Aftermarket Glock 19 from Shadow Systems

Double Post - Delete
    Last edited by dontshakepandas; 12-10-2020 at 10:22 AM.

Ok, my laziness has caught up. Several years back I saw a video (I’ll try to find it) demonstrating how aftermarket Glock triggers sometimes disengage the striker block safety because the trigger pre-travel was reduced to be as minimal as possible. It caused the trigger bar to engage the striker block while the trigger was at rest. This ND situation is for sure a head scratcher to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    He did clarify that he let it fall somewhere else. I think that was just meant general comment on safety.

Just like any other dude on the internet, there isn't really a way of knowing if he's telling the truth or the whole truth. We don't know who he is or if he has some way of benefiting from making this up, or if he has made modifications to the gun and just doesn't want to admit it after this.

Ishared it because it seemed like important info and didn't appear to be complete fiction. Even if everything he says is true, it is a sample size of one so that doesn't mean there is necessarily a problem with the design of the Shadow Systems guns... but that doesn't mean there ISN'T a problem with the design either.

This was said previously, but as such a small manufacturer there just isn't any way they can compare with the testing that Glock does, not to mention all of the other testing Glocks have been through for contracts, department use, etc. The videos make it clear that they took care in ensuring the safety of the design, so hopefully this is just a one off.

I'm very interested to see if they respond about the Reddit post, and really hope they are able to get their hands on the pistol to figure out what happened.

*EDIT - he did state he has contacted the company and is going to send the gun in so they can take a look at it.
    Also I noticed this guy only has literally 2 posts ever on that account.
    I'm finding it hard to believe that the multiple redundant safety systems on the glock platform could have all failed so spectacularly. Even if it is a "clone".

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    He did clarify that he let it fall somewhere else. I think that was just meant general comment on safety.

I'm very interested to see if they respond about the Reddit post, and really hope they are able to get their hands on the pistol to figure out what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by sickeness View Post
    Also I noticed this guy only has literally 2 posts ever on that account.

Not sure what's going on as I'm not familiar with reddit or its intricacies but the poster's account appears to have been deleted. Does reddit ban/delete stuff that's controversial or has the user done this on his own account?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Not sure what's going on as I'm not familiar with reddit or its intricacies but the poster's account appears to have been deleted. Does reddit ban/delete stuff that's controversial or has the user done this on his own account?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    If the user's page (/u/username) says the account was deleted, then the user deleted the account his/herself. Otherwise it would say the user was suspended (banned).

Anyone seen any updates anywhere on Drop Gate the Shadow Systems Edition?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

User Tag List