Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: New Aftermarket Glock 19 from Shadow Systems

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    What's the blem?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Precisely what was said earlier. A tiny flaw in the front strap texturing that I had to REALLY look for.

Have you noticed any loosening of the trigger pin? Mine doesn't jump the slide stop spring during use but it does "walk" from flush on one side of the frame to the other.

Do you suppose that will lead to problems down the road?

Do you also notice the heating issue that Texaspoff experienced?

I haven't noticed the heat issue. I'll try to remember to look for it next time out.

Loose pin issue may or may not be a problem. Hypothetically at least that pin is held by spring tension. I know Glock pins get a little loose but usually only after excessive assembly/reassembly.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Precisely what was said earlier. A tiny flaw in the front strap texturing that I had to REALLY look for.
    10-4 thanks for the reminder.

I wish we could just pass that cheap lower around and let people try it out. It's too bad it's an FFL controlled item. It was my way of seeing if I really wanted to buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post

Other than that, the MR918 is an awesome pistol and if they would come up with a 19X/G45 version I would likely get one.

I'd like to see Shadow Systems do a G47 variant. A 19X frame that works with owner's choice of 19 or 17 slide. Either slide would then also be available for purchase after the fact in case the consumer wanted to reconfigure later.

@Tokarev @Texaspoff

Would you say that this might be a good gun for someone who loves Glock, but has short fingers and struggles with trigger reach, and also struggles with the Glock grip angle?

Have you noticed any loosening of the trigger pin? Mine doesn't jump the slide stop spring during use but it does "walk" from flush on one side of the frame to the other.

Mine flushes to one side as well. It's obviously moving, but it doesn't move out past the frame. I have been concerned about the locking block pin as it also flushes to one side. I took another pin and grooved out a small very light channel for the slide lock spring to sit. This should keep that pin from walking at all. I haven't installed it yet, but have it on standby in the event that pin becomes a problem.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

I believe I found my answer in the segment on frame contour.

I groped one in BassPro the other day. The location and texture of the stippling were amazing. The frame did indeed allow for far better trigger and control reach. $960 for an Elite with optic cut. I see one possibly coming home with me soon.

Of course now I see that Tok posted the same video back in June and I missed it. Oops.

User Tag List