Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Washington DC and Leosa

Site Supporter

Washington DC and Leosa

I was just talking to a buddy who works in DC. He told me that off duty and retired officers Leosa carry is no longer legal in DC; that it started in January 2019. He said only on duty on official business is legal. If your current police officer and you visit with your family and get caught you get locked up for a felony. The last time I carried in DC was 2004? and I had no issues whatever. I went into museums and just signed the LE book. Anybody know what changed and or the statute he is talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I was just talking to a buddy who works in DC. He told me that off duty and retired officers Leosa carry is no longer legal in DC; that it started in January 2019. He said only on duty on official business is legal. If your current police officer and you visit with your family and get caught you get locked up for a felony. The last time I carried in DC was 2004? and I had no issues whatever. I went into museums and just signed the LE book. Anybody know what changed and or the statute he is talking about?
    How does D.C. supersede federal law?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

They going to arrest ten thousand cops at memorial week?? Smells like bs to me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    How does D.C. supersede federal law?
    The same way that, say, NY and Cali do; with impunity, until called on it?

Just a guess.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Pretty hard to imagine that’s a formal FU policy on a very clear federal law. I’d actually look forward to the large false arrest lawsuit. It would be large enough to make it worth taking the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Pretty hard to imagine that’s a formal FU policy on a very clear federal law. I’d actually look forward to the large false arrest lawsuit. It would be large enough to make it worth taking the ride.
    Where would we go on vacation with our lovely spouses, Ken?

I imagine it would call for some Pappy Van Winkle or other high end bourbon to celebrate with. LOL!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Sounds like POOMA information to me...
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

I haven't heard anything about this, and both myself and my office generally track such place. Isn't Police Week just next week or so? It certainly hasn't been even an eyeblink in the past.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Two part question-

Is your buddy MPD?

When you asked him to cite his source, what source did he cite?

I haven’t heard anything about this either. I’d like to see an official statement or a news article. It sounds fishy.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List