Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Denny Reichard has passed.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I didn't notice who the OP was at first, and as I was reading it, I thought, "Man, somebody should tag Mas and make sure he knows about this."

A few months ago, I was really close to buying an N frame that was advertised as having been tuned by Denny. I spoke to Denny, and he said there was no way he could tell me whether it was true without inspecting the gun, even if I had the serial number. Kinda wishing now that I'd bought it anyway.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Denny was the instructor for my first gun class, LFI 1 at Jim Reinholt's, a long time ago. He made quite an impression.

Rest in Peace.

That's terrible news.

About ten years ago, I came to Sand Burr Gun Ranch to help (along with a few others) John Farnam teach a few classes and through my own fault got there a day early. Denny received me like a friend he hadn't met yet (he just intercepted a guy driving down his driveway claiming to be a DTI instructor); Ashley took me around the land to pick morels for dinner and meet her owl; Cindy treated me like an honored guest and dinner and conversation were fantastic.

Through a week of various classes, Denny and his family kept everything going perfectly smoothly willing to help everyone with a hellacious sense of humor. Denny taught me some about shooting 44 magnums (out of his Mountain Gun with his favored full power loads) and performed a superb trigger job of my S&W 442.

I never got a chance to go back there, always thinking that I'd find the time to sit by Denny and his family, learn more and hear more of their stories.

This just hurts.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

I am very very sorry to hear this. Denny tuned an S&W 65 for me several years ago, and I will never forget him calling me right before he shipped it to let me know what he did, and I had the joy of talking with him for about 30 minutes about his thoughts on revolvers as fighting guns, best ammo to use, etc. That 65 is, far and away, my most beloved handgun.

I will be praying for his family in the days to come.
    Ordinary guy

Sad to hear this. I treasure the S&W M12 work up he did for me. Prayers for his family.

Very sad news. Many times I planned to make the trip for one of his classes, but never made it happen.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Name:  business card.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  39.1 KB

I keep his business card on my desk. He's such an absolutely unique individual.

(Thirty feet, double action, with a .44 Mag, as carefully noted on the back of the card.)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

This sucks...

I had no idea who the man was but it sounds like we lost another good one. May he rest in peace.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

We are diminished.

He called me in March to apologize for the long wait on several pieces I dropped off last year. I did not care and told him that I have other guns to shoot, I was just happy to talk to him. For the last time as it turns out.

Now I need to plan a trip to Rochester to pick up my revolvers. Not looking forward to that drive.

User Tag List