Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Decision matrix around what and how you carry in Synagogue/Church/Mosque

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I don't necessarily agree. I live in a military town I know a whole bunch of people that have been in multiple gunfights in Iraq and Afghanistan but that experience doesn't help me when I run into two crackheads in the parking lot of my apartment building and they try to rob me. It doesn't help me when I'm walking into a come and go at 3 in the morning at work and some tweaker tries to take my gun off me.
    I thought my implied meaning was pretty clear that "gunfight" is in the context that applies to a private citizen (you know, like what Armed Self Protection shows on their videos).

Dragging irrelevant examples about military troops and the kind of experience they have in gunfighting just shows me you just want to be argumentative for the sake of it.

Well, have at it by yourself.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I thought my implied meaning was pretty clear that "gunfight" is in the context that applies to a private citizen (you know, like what Armed Self Protection shows on their videos).

Dragging irrelevant examples about military troops and the kind of experience they have in gunfighting just shows me you just want to be argumentative for the sake of it.

Well, have at it by yourself.
    Sorry shift change happened right in the middle of that post.

I'm not telling you how to spend your money I'm not telling you how to pick your trainers.

What I am saying is that I don't see actually having been in a gunfight as all that important of a prerequisite to teaching somebody the fundamentals.

I don't think Tom Givens has ever been in a gunfight but a bunch of his students have and they have a pretty high success rate.

Perhaps you could explain what makes it a prerequisite to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Perhaps you could explain what makes it a prerequisite to you.
    Actually, no. I don't feel the need to validate my choices to anyone. You do you.

User Tag List