Thread: 9mm +P question

Question 9mm +P question

Does anyone know if 9mm Winchester Ranger 127gr +p+ "kicks" more than 9mm Gold dot 124gr +p?

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by nternal View Post
    Does anyone know if 9mm Winchester Ranger 127gr +p+ "kicks" more than 9mm Gold dot 124gr +p?
    Not enough to be noticeable unless you're purposely trying to feel the difference, IMHO.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    My hands are not finely-calibrated enough to notice the difference in recoil between the 127gr +P+ and regular +P.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I find them to be quite nasty out of an fns9. Guess everyone is different.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

I didn't notice an appreciable difference between the 124 +p and the 127 +p+ out of my M&P, M&Pc or Kahr P9 but, I guess everybody's different.

I chrono'd some of each from the same gun. From the lots I had, the Winchester was actually slower. Given that the weight is essentially identical, if I could have told the difference, the Winchester would have kicked less.
    I may have had a slow lot of the Winchester as I have seen higher numbers reported previously.

I carry 127 +P+ Rangers and I definitely notice a small difference.
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

Most of what I have on hand clocks 1325fps for the 127gr +P+ and 1275fps for the 124gr +P Gold Dots. Both from a Glock 17

I can't really tell a recoil difference but the 127gr ammo seems louder.

User Tag List