Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint PRO Versus More Expensive Aimpoints

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Have a couple PROs, biggest downside is weight and size, otherwise I can't imagine wanting to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Have a couple PROs, biggest downside is weight and size, otherwise I can't imagine wanting to upgrade.
    And the 1/3N battery. I have to order them online through Amazon i haven’t found them locally.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    And the 1/3N battery. I have to order them online through Amazon i haven’t found them locally.
    Only non-gun place I’ve found them locally has been the “Batteries Plus” stores.

They are a little harder to source but only need to do it every five years (give or take).

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    They are a little harder to source but only need to do it every five years (give or take).
    Mine go out between 12-18 months. They stay on the 7 or 8 click 24/7/365. Either way, I change them out now every 12 months.

My CompM5 AAA is on year two with no issues. Still going strong.

Yeah, obviously varies depending on where you set the brightness. Even 12-18 months isn't bad. I'm curious to see how long the AAA will last in my Comp M5.

A bit more of a PITA but Duracell versions are easily found online. I usually buy them by the dozen on BatteryJunction. Vs. the ~$500 premium over a CompM5, the value isn't really there with the AAAs...

Plus, the 1/3N is nice and compact, and you can get a little compartment that lets you tuck away a spare battery right on the cap... Somehow these too became unobtanium during the pandemic, but I got them from amazon for like $12/ea once upon a time. Great investment.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    A bit more of a PITA but Duracell versions are easily found online. I usually buy them by the dozen on BatteryJunction. Vs. the ~$500 premium over a CompM5, the value isn't really there with the AAAs...

Plus, the 1/3N is nice and compact, and you can get a little compartment that lets you tuck away a spare battery right on the cap... Somehow these too became unobtanium during the pandemic, but I got them from amazon for like $12/ea once upon a time. Great investment.
    Apparently you used to be able to get the little compartment that lets you store a spare battery - the listing at your link says “discontinued by manufacturer.”

@Wayne Dobbs - any possible source for new/old stock on these ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Apparently you used to be able to get the little compartment that lets you store a spare battery - the listing at your link says “discontinued by manufacturer.”

@Wayne Dobbs - any possible source for new/old stock on these ?
    Well that’s too bad. I got mine on a lark and ended up with way more than I needed (didn’t realize they were 2/pack.) returned my extras. Great investment, not sure why they’re not standard to be honest.

It's a bummer it's discontinued! If anyone finds NOS please post a link (after you score a few for yourself).

User Tag List