Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint PRO Versus More Expensive Aimpoints

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    You mean like the Trijicon MRO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Similar in size and price to the MRO but built on the T2 body. It would use existing T1 or 2 mounts and would have called turrets. Also little or no fish eye distortion.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    and would have called turrets.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Capped not called turrets.

Stupid Tapatalk and auto correct!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Guys that don't like the QRP mount knob on the PRO, you have a different choice available from Aimpoint LE dealers only at the same price. It's the PRO on the Aimpoint LRP throw lever mount, SKU 200374. That version was previously only sold to CBP, but was made available to all LE dealers this year.

I may try to do an update on DB's work if I get time. In the interim, if you want up to date information on Aimpoint, shoot me a PM and I'll give you a number to call and I'll help you out.
    Finding myself in the market right now for a new Aimpoint, would love to hear what the new Aimpoint lines have going on in reference to DB's great insight posted earlier in the thread.

I used to have a Pro but it had a dot that appeared a starburst to me and I found it unworkable. I sold it and started looking for something different. Then I read someplace, maybe here, that the dot on the CompM4 was better than the Pro. I tried one in my LGS and sure enough, it was better. But the price.... Then I found a like new, w/o box Comp for about half price. Now it's mine and along with the Aimpoint 3X magnifier I am quite satisfied.
    Heavy? check.
    Large? check.
    But the quality for what I paid is worth the weight and size and it isn't made in china which is important to me.

The whole system will be perfect with the addition of Aimpoint's twist off, flip to side magnifier mount.

The QRP2 aftermarket riser allows you to move the mount knob to the other side.
    David S.

I'm pretty happy with my PRO. I got it directly from scalarworks with their mount and I find that this combo looks great, functions great, and is not overly heavy. I'm hapoy enough that I'd be a little hard pressed to buy a more expensive red dot from Aimpoint. The Comp M4/M4S use a rarer mounting solution, which has stopped me from bothering to try and buy one to try out. I honestly don't have a ton of experience with the T2 and Comp M5 series dots but I'm so content with my PRO and Holosun micro sized dots that I don't see one in my near future.

There’s not much I can add but I’ve owned a half dozen Aimpoints, another half dozen EOTechs and a couple of Sigs along with a few pistol dots such as the RMR and a JPoint. I also have astigmatism. I’ve gone back and forth over the years thinking one dot looked better to me, only to find later on that it turned into a starburst and looked for another.

I had a newer EOTech EXPS2-0 that enabled me to be quite capable out to 300 yards and thought this is the one. Then I bought a Romeo 4M and thought the cheaper dot was crisper so I bought a Romeo 5 for a 22. I had purchased a PRO as well and one day I had all of them out and the dots were exactly the same. Figured out it was my eyes that were changing as they got tired.

I now have a PRO and an H2, I prefer the micro for the size but the PRO is solid and ain’t going anywhere.

I'm not sure if this is helpful but I'll throw it out there. I've got a PRO that I've had for maybe 5-6 years and I've been very happy with it. Always hated the mount so I bit the bullet and spent $200 to get the Scalarworks mount. Even though it's almost half as much as t he optic it's very worth it. So not to long ago I set up a new PWS carbine and decided that for once I'd get the best of everything; no second choices, this would be the one 'big dick swingin' carbine' where I would buy exactly what I wanted. So I bought a Cloud Defensive Owl and a Comp M5 right from Scalarworks with their mount. It's awesome of course but also underwhelming in the sense of, yep, that's a red dot. It perhaps has a tad less parallax and is probably more durable, but the PRO as a larger 'window' which on some level id nice. Again I don't have a lot of time om the Comp M5 yet so I'll update this down the road. The Comp M5 is probably awesome for someone that really needs a Comp M5, if that makes sense. Me, I'm low-speed, high-drag. I bought the Comp M5 not because I needed the very best but because I had the money and I wanted it.

Bottom line the Aimpoint PRO with the Scalarworks mount is truly a bargain and probably all I'd ever really need in a RDS.

I have two PROs and one CompM4s…

To be honest, you aren’t going to notice the difference if it is a civilian rifle. Change batteries once a year, put rounds down range, and that’s about it.

Military, and to a lesser extent L/E, the CompM4s is nice because of the more common battery (AA). Even when you get into the micros… 2032 verses AAA? But with the battery life, it really isn’t as huge of a point.

I still like the PRO being I prefer the larger tube… but the past two braced pistols I’ve put red dots on have been micros (SIG Romeo 5, to be exact). Even though I prefer the larger sights, the small ones work… take up less space, and are lighter.

I have a PRO bought back in ‘09 or ‘10 and it’s still kicking ass on a ranch gun that’s been outside or in a truck the for that entire time.

I’m on the Comp M5 on my personal AR though.

User Tag List