Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint PRO Versus More Expensive Aimpoints

I got the one Neph referenced on my PRO. Installed easily, does what it claims. Took the rifle to the range last night and did about 120 rounds of drills, no problems, not loose. It appears to be to be well built and has the appropriate O rings and screws in easy, fits tight. Nice to get a pair of them from this guy, one for each of my PRO's.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SamueL View Post
    Ordered thanks to you and already received. I just might have to get a few more for the weapons locker!
    Glad they're working out. I have them on each of my PROs, at $5/ea they're a no brainer

Got mine today, too! They fit perfectly and the finish matches well enough that it looks stock (at least under indoor light conditions). Thanks for the tip! Now I'll have to if I can remember where I stashed my spare batteries...

Another happy customer--fits and works perfectly. Thanks again to @Nephrology.

Mine arrived in an unmarked ziplock bag. The NSN cited by the E-bay seller (a gov/mil liquidator) is in PM mag as replacement part for the older M68 CCO (Comp M2 version), which makes sense, and suggested to me they were selling small lots out of a bigger issue package, which was prefect for my needs. I was curious, so I poked around on the NSN: there's another seller with sealed 100 packs for $10, with $12.60 shipping. I can't vouch for the seller or the product--and AFAIK Aimpoint doesn't advertise these as PRO-compatible, so that might be an issue with institutional use--but flagging for the fleet users.

Name:  M68 parts - Copy.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  56.4 KB

My remaining issue is the same as @Phaedrus: no clue where the spares are...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Got mine today, too! They fit perfectly and the finish matches well enough that it looks stock (at least under indoor light conditions).
    I was surprised with the mismatch. All the Aimpoint stuff I have has very consistent anodizing except this part. Not that I'm complaining. It's black enough.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Do these battery holders work on the Comp M4? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I was surprised with the mismatch. All the Aimpoint stuff I have has very consistent anodizing except this part. Not that I'm complaining. It's black enough.
    I guess I'll have to compare them in bright sunlight (if we ever get any). In indoor light they match okay, and as you say I'm not that fussy. The carbine mine is mounted to is kind of a tactical hammer, just a bullet delivery vehicle not an objet d'art.

According to ebay the guy is on vacation until May 15th. Guess I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Do these battery holders work on the Comp M4? Thanks.
    It might thread on there, but would ultimately be pointless since the Comp M4 takes a AA battery and the Pro takes the 1/3 N.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Not that I'm complaining. It's black enough.
    Schoolly D has been waiting a long time to hear that.....

User Tag List