Thread: Pocket Rockets, Racine WS, June 15th

Pocket Rockets, Racine WS, June 15th

This class is a full day expanded version of the popular training classes I've conducted at the Rangemaster Tactical Conference under the titles of Snub Revolver Skills and Small Pistols; Practical Practice with Pocket Poppers.

The full day class was recently hosted by Cecil Burch in Phoenix AZ. Class was well received and Cecil said he'd be happy to be a reference for questions on the class.

This training will explore the carry and use of these small handguns as EDC or back-up carry guns, the non standard techniques often needed to run these small handguns efficiently and effectively, and the important differences in how they need to be run vs full sized handguns.

Topics covered will include;

Grip, weapon handling, marksmanship, sighting and trigger control, maximum effective range

Reloads

Malfunction clearing

Ammunition selection, wound ballistics and Tactical Anatomy to maximize the effectiveness of these small guns. A ballistic gelatin demonstration shoot will be conducted as part of this class.

Students wanting to see the performance of their carry ammunition are welcome to bring samples with them to class as there will be an opportunity to test fire various ammunition into the gelatin.

Primary and alternate carry methods, such as inside the waistband, belly bands, appendix carry, ankle carry, pocket carry, off body carry.

Students need to supply range gear (hearing and eye protection, etc.), a safe, drop safe, and functional handgun, at least 200 rounds of ammunition for centerfire handguns, 300 for rimfire handguns, a safe method of carry for their handgun. Students may bring more than one handgun and switch between them if they so choose if they want to get practice in with more than one.

I am often asked “What do you mean by small handguns?”. Well, this depends of the hand size of the shooter. “Small handguns” are those that are enough smaller than service sized guns that alternated techniques need to be used to run them effectively. The list includes but is not limited to guns such as Glock 26, 42 and 43, Sig 365, Ruger LCP, Ruger LCR and S&W 642 snub revolvers, etc. Safe and reliable rimfire handguns, such as the .22lr versions of the LCR, or S&W 43c/317/etc would also be appropriate for this class.

Students who are not members of the RCLRC will have to pay a $25 range fee, payable to the range on the day of the class.

Range website;
    https://www.racinecountylinerifleclub.com/

Questions can be directed to chuck@agiletactical.com

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pocket-...3114?aff=ebapi
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Site Supporter
    Signed up and looking forward to the class.

I was just complaining to myself about the lack of training in Wisconsin...then an extremely pertinent class appears. How fortuitous!
    You wouldn't have PC to arrest Joe Dirtbag, but you could certainly have one hell of a mere conversation. - Lester Polfus

I was in one of these blocks at a TacCon, a full day class would be great. Any plans to come to Ohio or maybe Indiana?

Site Supporter
    Registered. Really looking forward to this class. A Glock 43 has been my ordinary carry for some time now so this will be quite useful.
    Last edited by cosine; 05-14-2019 at 08:31 PM.

You guys are in for a whole lotta fun. I have had the pleasure of learning revolver skills from Chuck, and it was absolutely worth the investment of time and money.

User Tag List