Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Safety / reliability of 9mm conversion barrels in .40 cal Glocks?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Any other parts that would need to be changed for best function, and would you expect this barrel in a 40/357 to be as reliable as a regular Glock 19? Reason I ask, is I have a like new Gen 3 OD Glock 32 in a corner.

Glock experts, should a Glock 20 10mm factory or after market barrel work in a Gen 4 Glock 21?
    The LW 9mm conversion barrels will work fine in most .40s, I've done about 5k of testing with a 34 barrel in a G35 just to see. Also, I agree with whomever said don't put a 10mm barrel in your .45 ACP Glock. The recoil springs, extractors, slides, and a bunch of other things are different from the 10mm to the .45 that trying to shoehorn 10mm in a .45 is just asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    How many different barrels, and how many rounds?

Probably 8-10 different barrels mostly KKM. Tens of thousands of rounds.

I have a LW 9mm barrel that I am running in a G23, no issues so far at over 500 rounds.

I have a friend who has a G22 with several thousand rounds through a LW 9mm barrel now, and the gun is far more reliable as a 9mm than it ever was as a .40, light or no light. He also has a G27 with a 9mm barrel, few hundred rounds and no issues.

A bud has a G35 that he runs factory .40 and LW .357Sig and 9mm barrels on, his only issue is needing an adjustable rear sight to be able to switch zero between calibers. He runs the .40 for IPSC shoots to make major, the .357 for long range plinking at coyotes and such, the 9mm barrel for fun and games at the range or for IDPA. I know that he has thousands of rounds through that gun in various calibers, but not sure of how much with the 9mm barrel by itself.

I believe that the .40 ejector is LESS likely to hit the primer on a 9mm round, seems to make sense since it is not curved inward like the 9mm ejector and thus farther away from primer when it makes contact with the brass upon ejection.

My Storm Lake conversion barrel has run fine. Gen 3 and gen 4 Glock 22, both using the same conversion barrel to 9mm. About 3 failures to eject in about 2k rounds. Well worth the money for practice ammo.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Ive got a Gen 3 Glock 23 that's been ticking with a LW 40-9mm conversion since 06'. I carry it 90% of the time. It's got upwards of 7-8k rounds in this configuration and it runs very well. All I swapped was Mags and the barrel and it's been a very solid performer!

User Tag List