Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Denver School shooting: At least 7 injured in Highlands Ranch; 2 suspects in custody

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    The American Psychological Association agrees with you. They place some blame on the media.

https://www.apa.org/news/press/relea...edia-contagion
    I am fond of pointing out that school shootings are really a 1st amendment issue, in my discussions of the topic.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    The American Psychological Association agrees with you. They place some blame on the media.

https://www.apa.org/news/press/relea...edia-contagion
    The way the news cycle turns these damaged individuals into modern day Bonny and Clyde's most certainly has more to do with it than any advertisement by Bushmaster touting the "Mil-Spec" nature of their product.

The false narrative that the Columbine shooters were some sort of martyrs for the mistreated and alienated teenagers of the world has been spread by the media and popular culture and has most certainly left a siren song that attracts too many kids. It seems that this funk is particularly strong in the Denver area.

These events are tragic in the death they cause and the damage to those affected, and have the very real possibility of further the erosion of 2A rights, but as already mentioned - there are so many more likely to take a child's life that society seems to accept as part of life.

Quote Originally Posted by STI View Post
    And the second suspect is a transgender who was in the midst of transitioning from female to male.
    Do you have a source for this? I've been thinking a lot about how susceptible that community is to being pushed to violent extremism.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    Do you have a source for this? I've been thinking a lot about how susceptible that community is to being pushed to violent extremism.
    https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...uthorities-say

Hmmmmm. One suspect involved with illegal drugs... and getting therapy. Yeah I’m 10000% these were your average good kids who just snapped and turned into raving lunatics cause they had access to guns. Yeah. That’s the ticket.

Love how the LEO states that a quick response is what kept this from getting even worse, but we can’t seem to make the connection that a response would be much quicker if the responders were on station to begin with. Hmmmm how could we accomplish that? Could we disband all ejected official protective details and allocate those folks to guard schools? Good start IMO. Could we arm teachers and administrators who choose to accept that responsibility? Could we hire armed security at schools? Could we allow volunteers to serve the school system??

Nope! It has to be common sense gun laws.

the second suspect, who is a minor, is a transgender male who was in the midst of transitioning from female to male.
    A minor already getting the "transition"? Disgusting.

Could we allow volunteers to serve the school system??
    Never. What the typical Grandparent of my acquaintance would wreak on a school assailant would blast the minds of the dogooders.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Hmmmmm. One suspect involved with illegal drugs... and getting therapy. Yeah I’m 10000% these were your average good kids who just snapped and turned into raving lunatics cause they had access to guns. Yeah. That’s the ticket.

Love how the LEO states that a quick response is what kept this from getting even worse, but we can’t seem to make the connection that a response would be much quicker if the responders were on station to begin with. Hmmmm how could we accomplish that? Could we disband all ejected official protective details and allocate those folks to guard schools? Good start IMO. Could we arm teachers and administrators who choose to accept that responsibility? Could we hire armed security at schools? Could we allow volunteers to serve the school system??

Nope! It has to be common sense gun laws.

The Douglas County Sheriff was a major supporter of Colorado's Red Flag law.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    The Douglas County Sheriff was a major supporter of Colorado's Red Flag law.
    I’m sure he was. Those laws are just like the 20k other laws not actively enforced cause statistics look bad.

The attack was stopped by students who tackled these shitbags:

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...chool-shooting
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    My guess is that, if true, then it would likely be a coincidence. There are not sufficient(maybe not any)data on the subject from which to generalize. As a teacher, I saw train loads of screwed up kids, and I doubt if what was or was not between their legs had anything to do with it. Most often, causes lay with adults who raised(abused)them. I knew many who killed others, but they did it one at a time and away from school.

User Tag List