Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beretta 92 Grip Tang Cuts Me

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    I like the way you think.

I found the LTT to be much improved in the trigger guard. There’s clearly an additional chamfer cut on the lower edge, which is one that usually bothers me. I wish they’d also done the same to the upper (or inside) edge as well. Even so, the LTT is the only B92 I haven’t felt the need to take a file to,

LTT on the bottom, CenTac on the top with file work clearly visible.
    My LTT has a trigger guard so sharp ypu would think it was a Colt.

The obvious answer is to harden the fuck up and get some callouses.

That said, I'm not sure what Beretta is doing these days. My pre-2010 92s don't have many sharp edges. My LTT M9 has no sharp edges. A similar vintage 92FS feels like it skipped whatever process might break an edge. If I had to guess, I'd say you get what you get and should choose carefully and in person.

The sharp 92 is going to get the home carry package.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    The obvious answer is to harden the fuck up and get some callouses.
    Maybe I am just a huge pansy. Maybe I just don’t like bleeding all over myself after 50 rounds of live fire. Either way, I don’t care what your opinions are on the toughness of the skin on my base thumb knuckle are. I don’t appreciate guns that cut me when I shoot them and that skin can’t very well get tougher if I’m constantly shooting and dryfiring it now can it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Either way, I don’t care what your opinions are on the toughness of the skin ...
    I took Hambo's comment as nothing more than good natured ribbing.

I suspect most PF members appreciate a gun that you can shoot comfortably for extended practice sessions. Dehorning isn't exactly a new idea. Even if you're calloused up, extended wet weather exposure will soften the skin to where it's easily cut.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Maybe I am just a huge pansy. Maybe I just don’t like bleeding all over myself after 50 rounds of live fire. Either way, I don’t care what your opinions are on the toughness of the skin on my base thumb knuckle are. I don’t appreciate guns that cut me when I shoot them and that skin can’t very well get tougher if I’m constantly shooting and dryfiring it now can it?

Your skin is definitely too thin.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Your skin is definitely too thin.
    Your sarcasm will not go over my head. My reflexes are too fast. I would...catch it...

User Tag List