Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My new M66-8

I like your thinking 03RN.

Was out walking with my son this morning. We wound up wading for a bit and a wave soaked me up to my shoulder.

Pretty happy I didn't have to stress about my M19. The 66 makes for a great beachcomber.
    Name:  Resized_20190527_075608.jpg
Views: 1017
Size:  37.1 KB
    Name:  Resized_20190527_085218001.jpg
Views: 1053
Size:  78.3 KB
    Last edited by 03RN; 05-27-2019 at 02:57 PM.

Got some VZs.
    Name:  KIMG1289.jpg
Views: 983
Size:  50.6 KB

I got one of these yesterday myself.

My wife was working all day so I decided to wander around to all the local stores. I saw one in the case and asked to look at it and it was love at first touch.

I had my 60 3" in the car and got a screaming good deal on the trade and so it followed me home.

This is my first K frame and I am surprised how much more I like it than I did the old 686+ 4" that I sold years ago.

I want to take it out to the range and play around with it some before plunking down for a good holster but so far, I really like it.

Heck, I just like looking at it.

Name:  Resized_20190603_171019.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  100.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Name:  Resized_20190603_171019.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  100.1 KB
    That's a serious looking piece, I really like it. In my eternal search for the perfect revolver grips, I own some square butt VZs on a 681 and they have their pluses and minuses, I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the VZs.

Site Supporter
    In you're last couple pictures it appears you got the "fixed" rear sight and a new front. After installation did the gun maintain it's zero?

My 386 NG came with that fixed rear sight but it didn't shoot close to POA at even 10 yards, let alone further. I ended up putting a S&W adjustable rear on it to get it shooting where I was aiming.

Dave

Site Supporter
    I like the fact it seems as if the gun fits your life not your life fits your gun. I think it checks off all the boxes for you and is perfect.

I like those grips. I have Uncle Mikes on my 3" 65 but am not sure they are the ones.

Quote Originally Posted by rm06 View Post
    That's a serious looking piece, I really like it. In my eternal search for the perfect revolver grips, I own some square butt VZs on a 681 and they have their pluses and minuses, I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the VZs.
    I really like them heavy .38s are easy to control and I feel I'm nearly as fast with da as most striker guns.

Now when shooting heavy Magnum loads I feel I have really good control and I can shoot much faster because the gun does not move in my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    In you're last couple pictures it appears you got the "fixed" rear sight and a new front. After installation did the gun maintain it's zero?

My 386 NG came with that fixed rear sight but it didn't shoot close to POA at even 10 yards, let alone further. I ended up putting a S&W adjustable rear on it to get it shooting where I was aiming.

Dave
    My first range session with it was disappointing. I was about 2-3" to the left at 25 yards. Yesterday I shot with no overhead light and was dead on.

125 golden sabers need a combat hold with the top of the front sight even with the top of the 5" bull.

158s over 13.5gr 2400(1250fps??) Shoot right to the top of the front sight tip.

I might open up the notch a tiny bit.

User Tag List