Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta and thumb-knuckle issues

Monkey thumb mod here too

Name:  D87CDE8C-6E45-426B-906A-2637D15C803D.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  37.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    It's anatomically impossible for me to do what you're describing. Pics of you gripping your pistol would help.
    Apparently I’ve described it poorly; forgive me. Hopefully this clears things up:

Name:  199F3462-F07C-4087-AA6A-CB8A4AF199BE.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  40.1 KB
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Could a thicker left grip panel possibly help? I have Hogues installed on my 92fs and experience a different angle when mimicking your grip as best I can. Apologies for terrible photography.

Name:  20190508_211011.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  21.2 KB

These are the grips I'm currently using:

Name:  20190508_211425.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  92.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Apparently I’ve described it poorly; forgive me. Hopefully this clears things up:

Are you sure the culprit is pushing up on the rear of the lever, and not pushing down on the front of the lever?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Ash,

something to try as I have run into same issue.

I move my support hand grip such that my thumb projects upward at an angle in front of slide lever. you get the same grip area but your thumb is away from the slide stop.

In other words, with your support hand as shown, rotate your thumb upwards from being parallel with the slide to something like 45 degree angle.

I shoot both Glocks and Berettas like this.

I’m happy to have not had this issue with Berettas, but my Shadow 2 used to rub me raw.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post

I see...you need new hands. Seriously, it is anatomically impossible for me to do that. The meaty part of my hand pushes the thumb joint way out so that no part of my thumb can make contact with that lever. The only part of my L thumb that is in contact is the end, which is pushing the frame just ahead of the takedown lever.

VZ palm swell grips look like a Coke bottle, meaning that the middle is thinner than the top and bottom. That might roll your thumb outboard enough to not make contact. It's not a cheap solution for a gun you might give up, but if you buy a set and they don't work, I'll buy them from you.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Or tape some cardboard onto the grip to simulate thicker panels.

Site Supporter
    I use a thicker G10 panel on mine. Makes it very difficult to do what you’re showing in that pic.

I've never had this issue but I have engaged the safety after reloading while closing the slide. Had it changed to decocker only. No more problems.
    Last edited by Pistol Pete 10; 05-13-2019 at 10:58 AM.

User Tag List