Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .38 Match Wadcutters

It was either Chuck Haggard or Wayne Dobbs that recommended Precision Delta to me.

https://www.precisiondelta.com/produ...al-148gr-hbwc/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

And to add to Hizzie's recommendation above, IME Precision Delta's reloads and premium 148gr wadcutters hit to the very same POA, with the obvious financial advantage for practice.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    When it comes to WCs for carry - make mine Federal Gold Medal Match - https://www.targetsportsusa.com/fede...8a-p-1187.aspx
    Thanks Rob. I ordered a couple boxes from TargetSportsUSA on account of this ammo frequently being mentioned as a good reliable effective wadcutter, with a bit more zip than what I have been shooting in the Ruger LCR to date (S&B I picked up at the LGS.)

Site Supporter
    If you do shoot them and if you reload or plant to do so, keep these empties separate. The inside diameter of these cases is slightly larger to accommodate the longer wadcutter bullet without sizing down and thus reducing its diameter. Such cases can be identified by the second ring or groove. You have a neat box of old ammo. Set it on the shelf. Few today are aware that older wadcutter cases differed somewhat as described. Do they continue to differ? Don't know. I have perhaps 1000 of the older once fired wadcutter cases left in my once large batch and treasure them for making accurate wc ammo.

Echoing the above, this is cool collector ammo. If you bought it new years ago and stored it properly I’d have no qualms carrying it, but with unknown history park it on the shelf and admire the box.

I recently picked up a case of Precision Delta remanufactured WCs for training, and Federal for carry. I have a few older red and white boxes of Federal WCs which always go bang, but I reserve them for competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    It was either Chuck Haggard or Wayne Dobbs that recommended Precision Delta to me.

https://www.precisiondelta.com/produ...al-148gr-hbwc/
    I have had good luck with those as well.

Like Tam, I do carry the Federal GMM wadcutters in my 342. A comfortable friend in the left front pocket.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    If the same load offered the same penetration and features with better barrier performance, but cost $14.99 per 20 rounds, would you replace your current carry ammo?
    From a known entity like Federal? Possibly.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    When it comes to WCs for carry - make mine Federal Gold Medal Match - https://www.targetsportsusa.com/fede...8a-p-1187.aspx
    Same here. I feel like everyone who carries a wadcutter carries this round.

User Tag List