Thread: The Slippery Slope -CA EXPANDS WHO CAN FILE GUN SEIZURES

Site Supporter

The Slippery Slope -CA EXPANDS WHO CAN FILE GUN SEIZURES

https://www.guns.com/news/2019/05/07...jcLbIx7NCadG1s

CA ADVANCES BILL TO ALLOW BOSSES, CO-WORKERS TO FILE GUN SEIZURE ORDERS

The California Assembly on Monday advanced a bill to add school faculty, employers and co-workers to the list of people who can ask a judge to take away someone’s guns.

The measure, AB 61, passed the Assembly in a Democrat-heavy 54-16 vote and now heads to the state Senate. It would greatly expand who can file for a Gun Violence Restraining Order in the state under California’s so-called “red flag law.”

Adopted in 2014, the current law allows the seizure of firearms– for up to 21 days– from an otherwise legal gun owner who is believed to pose a “significant danger.” This initial order could be extended for as long as a year if the situation warrants while filing a false petition is a misdemeanor offense. As it stands, just law enforcement and immediate family can seek such an order. AB 61 would expand this to include school employees such as guidance counselors and teachers as well as the employers and co-workers of a subject.
    This is EXACTLY the back door gun control end game intended for so called “red flag” laws.
    Last edited by HCM; 05-07-2019 at 12:11 PM.

Wait. I thought that we were told this would never happen. Who is going to be the first to lay odds on when this will move to anonymous call lines set up??

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    We were told that CA residents could keep standard-capacity magazines they already had.

Any time a gun control advocate says that their goal is anything less than a total ban on civilian ownership, assume they are lying.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

while filing a false petition is a misdemeanor offense
    This is bullshit. But it should provide hellaciously good standing for a defamation lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.guns.com/news/2019/05/07...jcLbIx7NCadG1s

CA ADVANCES BILL TO ALLOW BOSSES, CO-WORKERS TO FILE GUN SEIZURE ORDERS

This is EXACTLY the back door gun control end game intended for so called “red flag” laws.
    Pretty much as you predicted to me the first time these laws were mentioned.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Yep - It is very very worrisome to me. Everyone I talk to says that it won't be used against "good guys" but I have no faith in the Kalifornia government doing the right thing. And we all know that the list of who can file a GRO will continue to expand even wider - the next step I see are teachers who are afraid a student might access a parent's firearms.

Until I can move to a free state or at least a red County within this state I keep as low of a profile as I can in my neighborhood despite my childish desire to plaster my vehicles in MagPul SWAG.....

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Yep - It is very very worrisome to me. Everyone I talk to says that it won't be used against "good guys" but I have no faith in the Kalifornia government doing the right thing. And we all know that the list of who can file a GRO will continue to expand even wider - the next step I see are teachers who are afraid a student might access a parent's firearms.

Until I can move to a free state or at least a red County within this state I keep as low of a profile as I can in my neighborhood despite my childish desire to plaster my vehicles in MagPul SWAG.....
    "Relatively" free state.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I’m not the least surprised.

User Tag List