Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Smiths

Site Supporter
    Hmmm. I don’t need a 4006TSW or 4013TSW. But either/both would be classy .40s. And I don’t have a .40 of my own at present, just a SD40VE I’m babysitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I don’t need a 4013TSW. I don’t need a 4013TSW. I don’t need a 4013TSW.
    I was so close to grabbing one. I had to remind myself that I was trying to reduce my collection of guns a bit. Plus I'd need to find mags for them. If they were decock-only or the levers were still readily available I probably would have got one. I am tempted to get a spare CHP 4006 though.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I’m really wanting a CHP 4006TSW mostly because I’ve always loved 3rd Gens and it’s decock only. If I got one I’d want to carry it. I keep telling myself that people carry 1911’s that weigh that much all the time. But it keeps coming back to Holster selection and somewhat low ammo capacity. I carried a 4003 when I first got my CCW, but that was in a hybrid holster at 3-4 o’clock. I mostly carry appendix now off duty.

I wonder if the CHP 4006TSW would work in a Sig P229rail AIWB holster, with maybe a little tweaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I was so close to grabbing one. I had to remind myself that I was trying to reduce my collection of guns a bit. Plus I'd need to find mags for them. If they were decock-only or the levers were still readily available I probably would have got one. I am tempted to get a spare CHP 4006 though.
    It’s been a few years since I had my last 3rd gen.
    With both being da/sa, is it a fairly easy transition between a Beretta 92 and a 3rd gen Smith?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    With both being da/sa, is it a fairly easy transition between a Beretta 92 and a 3rd gen Smith?
    For me, yes, very easy. 92a1, 4516-1, and 3913.

Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    The biggest difference to me is the grip. The 3rd gens feel a lot like 92 Vertecs.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

3rd gen grip

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    The biggest difference to me is the grip. The 3rd gens feel a lot like 92 Vertecs.
    I just picked up a 3913. As a 92 aficionado, I’d agree on the grip comparison . Tempted to pick Up one of the .40s.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    AIM has them, as well.
    The version AIM has uses the riveted on proprietary rail.

I'd be hard pressed to pass up a CS9 if I spotted one for under $450 in the case.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I wonder if a 5906/4006 could be milled for a red dot. A mix of vintage and current. Probably not a big market for that though. 😂
    Last edited by Vista461; 05-06-2019 at 09:30 PM.

User Tag List