Thread: Anyone or spouse drive a Nissan Rogue?

Site Supporter

Anyone or spouse drive a Nissan Rogue?

Looking for a new (to us) AWD crossover for the wife. She likes the Rogue's, leaning towards a 17 SV. Wondering if anyone has any experience with them?

Nissan builds a decent vehicle although not as good as Toyota or Honda. I work in the auto industry and that's based on what I see. You can check carcomplaints.com for common problems but it isn't the alpha and omega list for whats good or isn't. If you have a good mechanic who stays very busy, ask them because they see the worst of things. For instance, VWs are the most common car at my mechanic's shop. Typically if you keep up on regular maintenance vehicles last 200k+ miles.

Site Supporter
    Last edited by HCM; 05-03-2019 at 04:25 PM.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Looked at them briefly a couple years ago when I bought my wife a new car. They seemed nice enough but her previous car was a Nissan and was so poorly built (it tied for worse vehicle I ever owned with a 1986 Dodge truck) that I just didn't see going with another one. We ultimately went with a CRV which I absolutely love and pretty much outclassed everything else we were looking at (my wife was dead set against Subaru for an absurd reason so they were not in the decision matrix).

Site Supporter
    Nissan have had considerable problems making a reliable CVT trans particularly the ones found in the Versa and in the Rogue.

I would avoid a Rogue of any vintage unless you do not intend to keep it outside of direct manufacturer warranty coverage.

User Tag List