Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oops, I did it again (another 2.5" Model 19)

The Bianchi's were made for J, K/L, and N frames. I have two K-frame revolvers so equipped, and a J-frame as well. They are very useful for turning an agency-issued gun into something more useful for winter pocket carry.

I have a Model 60 that I do not wish to touch the action on. It's the most accurate pistol I own. I have watched Wayne Dobbs and Darryl Bolke shoot a ragged nickel-sized group with it at 5 yards. I'm never going to disturb the innards on that gun. This makes for a great way to use it for parka carry in the winter.

You being from Up North, I'd hang onto them.

The other stocks look like an old set of Rogers Safariland grips. I like those as well. Let me know if you decide to get rid of either set.

I love the look (and the tug towards days of yore) of two tone Colt 1911's, but I don't like the look on Smith revolvers at all. I picked up a 442pc-tune and if I keep it long enough, it'll need a coating of some kind to protect against my steel killing sweat and it'll be one solid color when it's done.

I also love, love, love the 2.5" 19/66. Pach Com-Pros every time, though VZ would probably be one at least one if I had multiples.

How about doing it in black nitride? www.blacknitride.com I had these folks do a steel framed CZ for me, and it turned out greatName:  20181222_191008.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  41.9 KB here's a pic to give you an idea..
    Last edited by ralph; 05-04-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Maybe two tone? Give me some ideas, share some pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    If it was my revolver, I would send it to Robar, get the internals and cylinder finished in NP3, and finish the rest of the revolver in Roguard. I did that with an old M28 and was very pleased with the outcome. Now I need to find that revolver in the safe.
    Here are a couple of pics of a 2-tone. I think the pics are from the guy who made the grips:

Name:  IMG_0901.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  59.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0902.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  54.7 KB
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Here are a couple of pics of a 2-tone. I think the pics are from the guy who made the grips:

Sorry if I offend anyone, and I know everyone has their own taste, but for the love of all that's Holy, never show an abomination like that again. That makes me think walking in on your parents having sex is a mild shock compared to seeing that...

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Sorry if I offend anyone, and I know everyone has their own taste, but for the love of all that's Holy, never show an abomination like that again. That makes me think walking in on your parents having sex is a mild shock compared to seeing that...
    LOL!! I had stolen the pics off of FB to show someone the grips and had deleted them from my phone, but they were still in the cloud, I guess. If nothing else, maybe I warned TGS off the idea. He asked.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post

That is hideous.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    How about a trip to Robar for one of their finishes? That gun in NP3 with some VZ grips would look cool!

Site Supporter
    I just put a model 19 snubbie on layaway. If I had a revolver that needed refinishing I would either reblue or send it to Robar for the Rogard black finish with NP3’d action parts inside. If I wanted a bright finish I’d get it hard chromed or NP3’d.

Maybe bead-blast and then parkerize (or a similar, but more durable finish), for that retro-look?

Best, Jon

User Tag List