Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oops, I did it again (another 2.5" Model 19)

The 2.5 inch barrel Model 19 is one of the finest revolvers ever made. I like them with a high-polish blue, but the matte finish that the State Department pistols had looks pretty good as well.

If you put those Bianchi Lightnings on an auction I think you'll be shocked by what its possible to get out of them if they're in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    The 2.5 inch barrel Model 19 is one of the finest revolvers ever made. I like them with a high-polish blue, but the matte finish that the State Department pistols had looks pretty good as well.
    I bought a Model 19 2.5" blue some 40 years ago. It was my first firearm so it has a special place in my heart. Emotion aside, I found it served well over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    I bought a Model 19 2.5" blue some 40 years ago. It was my first firearm so it has a special place in my heart. Emotion aside, I found it served well over the years.
    I should have bought a Model 19 2.5" blue 40 some years ago. But I was poor, cheap and profoundly ignorant, so I bought a High Standard .22 Magnum instead that looked a lot like the Model 19. I was taught a lesson. I'd like to say that I learned that lesson, but it took many more years before I started to understand that real quality was almost never cheap.

Site Supporter
    I finally got a model 19 snubby. I wanted one thirty years ago but I figured there was no hurry. I passed on one twenty years ago because it had a red lamp front sight and I wanted a black front sight. Since then they were either too expensive or beat up. I jumped on this one and put it on lay away. I picked it up yesterday and threw on a set of Ahrends retro banana Moradillo (Pau Ferro ) gripsName:  F5A06F06-8538-4CBE-A4C9-EAEDDE74DF94.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  56.8 KBName:  F5A06F06-8538-4CBE-A4C9-EAEDDE74DF94.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  56.8 KB
    This one is a keeper. Now that I’m older I have learned the value of red ramp sights
    Last edited by Poconnor; 05-19-2019 at 10:04 AM.

User Tag List