Thread: CCI/Independence 9x19 115 Grain FMJ

Site Supporter

CCI/Independence 9x19 115 Grain FMJ

Has anyone chronoed this stuff? Their 124-grain ammo is about the same velocity as Lawman and faster than Blazer Brass. I prefer my practice ammo on the warm side.

I have. Its a decent range or local match round. When I have shot it I found no discernible difference between it and midlevel practice 115 rounds. It did not feed or misfire improperly, and accuracy was pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Has anyone chronoed this stuff? Their 124-grain ammo is about the same velocity as Lawman and faster than Blazer Brass. I prefer my practice ammo on the warm side.
    Is it this aluminum case load? 1130fps from a 5" - aka barely supersonic.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5U2TRfYwdA

In terms of 115gr, PRVI 115gr NATO seems to be the hottest, 1250fps from a 5"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NXbEXrdNBs

Meanwhile 124gr Lawman is a 1090fps aka 124gr subsonic.

Last month I used the 124 gr Independence with my Beretta 92D throughout an IDPA match; it performed decently and without any hiccups. I'm still a bit skeptical as to its lineage and quality, I've heard anecdotally that it's built out of the composite "leftovers" or surpluses from the higher-price point ATK lines.

While that doesn't make it bad per se (ATK has a pretty decent reputation pretty much across the board), if the above is true, it does make me wonder about performance consistency from lot to lot, or even box to box. Can anyone verify?

My preferred choices at this point for matches and practice are Sellier & Bellot and American Eagle, but I'd consider using Independence again-but probably not for a Tier 3 match where there's chrono'ing (unless I'd chrono'ed the batch to be used previously, and it met and exceeded the minimum floor acceptably).

Best, Jon

User Tag List