Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2.5" Versus 3" K-Frame 357 for AIWB Versus 4" Barrel for OWB

I find a 4" m19 more comfortable than a G19 and even 1911s. Yes it is technically thicker at one spot but it's thinner and rounder so it feels like there is less mass.

I'm looking to pick up a 2.75" m66 and am tempted to cut the holster, or leave it. I don't find it uncomfortable.

As for power? .357 Magnum still has some umph from shorter barrels. The biggest problem is with j frame .357s. the bigger grip of the k frame handles recoil much more effectively.

I'm very comfortable with 158-180 grain hard cast bullets with a wide metplate for bears.

Accuracy? This is my wife's M15 at 25 yardsName:  KIMG0749.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  31.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MolonLabe416 View Post
    The 3” K Frame is perhaps my favorite revolver configuration.

If you want an older revolver, the Model 65 w 3” is available at reasonable cost. For example:
    A friend of mine who is knowledgable on revolvers dissuaded me from fixed sight versions. The old J-frame I had had fixed milled in sights and that was one thing I disliked about it. I am considering the Power Custom "fixed" rear sight, but it's an actual sight, not just milled into the receiver.

I adore the adjustable sights on my 4" 66.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I find a 4" m19 more comfortable than a G19 and even 1911s. Yes it is technically thicker at one spot but it's thinner and rounder so it feels like there is less mass.
    Isn't it about 1.5" longer than the G19?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I’m a big fan of 3” K frames as well. As for .357 vs bears it depends on the bear.

A .357 might only dissuade a large bear like a polar, Brown or a Grizzly Bear. For smaller bears like black bears, or the hairy, husky gay men known as “bears,” .357 is adequate.

The things that we unintentionally learn on the internet... On a gun forum, in the revolver section of all places. that made me chuckle actually, as in "what the hell?"

I carry a 3” M64 everywhere AIWB in a Lobo offset belt clip.

I haven’t tried it yet but as 03RN said, a 4” should conceal just as well. For that I will probably try a JMCK.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    The things that we unintentionally learn on the internet... On a gun forum, in the revolver section of all places. that made me chuckle actually, as in "what the hell?"
    Work a sex offender task force in the Bay Area for a few years and you see things you can’t unsee. Which also goes back to people being the number one threat in the wild 99/100.

For reference: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bear
    Last edited by HCM; 05-03-2019 at 10:21 PM.

User Tag List