Thread: Week 319: One Cold Shot

Week 319: One Cold Shot

Week 319: One Cold Shot

Results may be posted until June 3rd, 2019.

Designed by: Gabe White
    Range: 7 yards
    Target: 3x5", 2" circle, or 1" square - download here: http://pistol-training.com/wp-conten...03/3-two-1.pdf
    Start Position: Holstered or ready
    Rounds Fired: 1

This drill is a very short test intended to be shot cold, and the goal is to simply hit the target. This should be the first shot you fire, without prior dry or live practice in your range session. Start with your gun loaded and holstered if possible; if not allowed on your range, start from ready position of your choice instead. Target is shooter's choice: either a 3x5", 2" circle, or 1" square, at 7 yards. At the start signal, draw or present the gun from ready, and shoot one shot to the target. Record your time, and whether you hit or missed.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Equipment: gun, holster or ready position used, concealment (if any)
    Target used
    Hit or miss
    Time
    Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Stock cz p09 from a Henry Holsters aiwb under a t shirt

Target is upper A zone

hit

time - 2.21

It was my first draw live from the Henry. Retention is non adjustable, and a bit tighter than my usual preference but nothing that I couldn't overcome. A bit slower than I'd like but it was at a pace that I could guarantee a hit(or at least I'd be upset if I missed).

Name:  20190506_132517.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  24.3 KB
    Last edited by backtrail540; 05-06-2019 at 02:22 PM.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Well, I got confused with the "how small a target" DOTW, read them both last night.

I shot whatI felt I could guarantee a hit on, in under 2 sec - as small + far as possible. So, I shot an index card @ 10yds - cold, no dry/live fire, with the mindset of making 2 seconds.

CZ P-07 w/venom rds, comptac owb holster, no concealment.
    Index card/10yd.
    Hit

Things noticed - I felt a good bit of pressure from this. No dry fire or rounds down range - just loaded/holstered up and shot. Felt slow, knew I had made the shot but was happy with my time.

Name:  IMG_5768.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  31.4 KB
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Site Supporter
    G26.3, JMCK IWB#3
    Concealed under polo
    147gr HST
    3x5 card stapled horizontally at 7 yards
    Hit

True cold shot - this was the round in the chamber of my carry gun for the previous month.

Tried to drill this will my 19X several times afterwards, and did about 50/50. If I got lazy and snatched the trigger as soon as I thought the sights were okay, I missed (low, usually just under the card). If I took the time to use the sights and smoothly pull the trigger to the rear instead of snatching it, I usually hit it.

I need to shoot more.

Equipment: gun, holster or ready position used, concealment (if any) Glock 45, Concealed under a polo in a JM V3 IWB SS
    Target used: 2" circle, then 3x5 card
    Hit or miss Missed first, hit second
    Time see below
    Anything you noticed

Day 2 of shooting a Glock again. The 2" circle may have been a bit ambitious, especially from concealment, but I was pleased with the centered up 3x5 hit.

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Crap, I should have read this post more closely. I did this at 25 yards.

Equipment: Glock 17, Gen 5. Blade-Tech competition belt and Holster. 124g AE.
    Target used: B8 @ 25 Yards
    Hit or miss: Miss
    Time: 1.62
    Anything you noticed: I have not shot since April 20. I’m not unhappy with this result though, given my time away from the range.

"Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

HK VP9 in a Keepers AIWB under a t shirt.
    3x5 horizontal
    4.15 seconds (holy f$&k that's slow!)
    I decided to shoot this more after such a slow cold shot. I could do it ~50% of the time if I was trying to beat the timer, in around 1.70-2.30 seconds. This was the beginning of my frustration yesterday. I should work a lot on my index and draw stroke. Times were still slow if I shot from the ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammertime
    2” dot @7 yards. Glock 26 Vanguard 2 “holster” concealed. 147 HST. 3.53s

User Tag List