Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your EDC rig from days gone by(e)?

My first CCW was a G27 in a cheap glove leather holster. So many guns and holster combos since then.

Springfield Custom Carry in a Milt Sparks VM-II.

A lightly massaged by Novak Browning Hi-Power in a Milt Sparks VM-II.

S&W 442-2 no lock in a leather AIWB.

Glock 17K in a VM-II.

Sig P239 9mm in a VM-II.

Glock 19 Gen5 in a Milt Sparks Nexus.

When I first got my carry license in 2007 I had a Taurus PT-111 MilPro in a Bianchi leather holster. Eventually that gave way to a P3AT in a Desantis Superfly pocket holster. I later sold the Taurus.

In 2017 I wisened up. Moved to a P320 until dropgate, and now a G19 as my regular carry.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

Way back yonder-Colt Govt. Mex carry

Little later on- Colt Govt. in Thad Rybka summer special type

Still later-Colt Commander in Rybka

And then - Glock 17 Milt Sparks SS
    Same 17 in VM2

Later still- G19 in DSG aiwb

And now - G19 in JRC Holsters OWB

Most of those accompanied by a J in left front pocket.
    Last edited by Leroy Suggs; 05-03-2019 at 08:12 AM.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Mid 80’s Dan Wesson 15-2 (2 1/2”). Some kind of leather rig
    1995-ish G19. Various unknown/unremembered holsters. (I do recall a Fobus..lol)
    Early-mid 2000’s P229, BHP, USPc with various increasing quality leather. (Discovered Milt Sparks and Garrity)
    2010-2016 M&P, USPc
    2017- Started to dabble in revolvers. Got older and much more lazy. SP101 2.5”. AWIB with Galco Tuck

Various folding knives, mostly Spyderco. Found a CRKT Ignitor T in about 2010. Still carry that.

Site Supporter
    NC CC passed in 1995, IIRC, and I first got a packing permit in about 97. Back then the list of concealable, reliable, semi-autos was slim. As were CC holster selections.

My first CC pistol was a .40 cal Star Firestar, in Starvel (Nickel) finish. Carried in a Thunderwear holster (that's almost embarrassing to admit ), a belly band or a thin leather clip holster (AIWB, of course).
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Late 70's: 4" S&W M-13 in a Bucheimer thumb-break pancake holster, sometimes a 4" M-29 also in a thumb-break pancake rig.
    Early 80's: Not much since I was on active duty at Ft. Bragg.
    Mid 80's: Colt Gold Cup in a Milt Sparks Summer Special. 1-2 spare mags.
    Late 80's-early 90's: Browning Hi-Power in a Milt Sparks Yaqui Slide, sometimes the same 4" M-29 that I carried in the late 70's.
    Early 90's-2010: Lightly customized Colt Mark IV Series 70 1911 in a Galco Askins Avenger, Milt Sparks Executive Companion, or Kramer Vertical Scabbard. Sometimes a J-frame 38 in a bellyband, and a 2 1/2" Model 19 for a few weeks when I broke my collarbone and was worried about racking the slide one-handed (the 1911 wore Novaks).
    2010-date: Some flavor of 9mm Glock, usually a G19 or a G17 cut to take G19 mags, more recently a G43. Holsters have all been Kydex except for a very brief flirtation with a Serpa at the very beginning.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

2006 - Ruger P95 in a Galco Matrix snap-on “bikini” style holster. Still have both.
    2007 - Colt Agent 3rd Issue in a Uncle Mike’s pocket holster.
    2007 (late) - first 1911 (Rock Island Armory) in a cheapo hybrid IWB someone had given me. Later replaced with a Galco IWB (Summer Comfort)
    2008-2011 - various 1911s in the same Galco IWB and a Smith 642 in a pocket holster or Don Hume JIT.
    2011 - Sold all my 1911s and went to a Smith 3913 in a Lobo snap attachment pancake (rig I wore when I got married). Same 642.
    2012-2014 - All revolver GP100 in a Rafter S IWB or Kydex OWB, Smith 64-3 4”, Colt 3” Detective Special, 2” Cobra, 2” Agent, 642 - etc.

2014 - 2018 - Moved from Texas to Chiraq - first tried a Beretta 92 (in a belt slide holster I have that fits most things), then went back to the GP100, then HK P30 LEM. I never could find a gun, carry method, compromise I could both shoot and conceal well.

2018 - Present - Back to 1911s and Snubs! Colt, Kimber, and STI are the current 1911/2011 holsters:

Tucker Cover-Up
    Milt Sparks VMII
    Various Safarilands (competition rigs)
    Four different Red Nichols holsters (IWB, IWB/Pancake Hybrid, OWB Avenger, OWB Paddle)

Colt Cobra 2” (‘72 vintage) is the snub. Holsters:

Blackhawk Pocket
    Hume JIT
    Colt Branded (likely Buchheimer) upside down shoulder rig
    Alessi Talon Plus

For the first time since ~2008-2011, I’m very happy with my concealment and shooting in my guns. I’d call this a sign that I need to stop screwing around and stick to snubs and 1911s. I MIGHT try a Colt Mustang/Sog P238/whatever to replace the snub - just to simplify my manual of arms training, but I have’t done it yet.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    1994 behind the gun store counter: Glock 23 with stock plastic sights, stuffed full of Cor-Bon 135gr JHP and carried in a Bianchi PDQ OWB holster on some shitty belt from The Gap.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Cor-Bon
    Memories!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List