Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your EDC rig from days gone by(e)?

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    in around 2000 and for a good span of years thereafter, I carried one of my 92FS in a Kramer IWB 3 carried on a Kramer belt and, if a a spare mag or two, those on Kramer mag carriers. I still have one of those 92s and that holster and have carried both within the last month or so.

Today, I carry a Beretta PX4CC in either a Kramer IWB 3, a JMCK IWB 3, or AIWB in a JMCK Wing Claw 2.5, on a Beltman belt. I'm fooling around with different IWB kydex mag carriers, I have a Vedder but don't love it and am waiting on LMCK units.

(I'm gonna end up getting a Wing Claw 2.5 for my 92 LTT just in case I decide I want to carry that weapon some day, though it's not really super likely with two PX4CCs)

First ever CCW setup: the old 1976 36-1 3" heavy barrel, round butt chief’s special that my dad passed on to me when I turned 21 and got my first permit. Carried IWB behind the hip with a barami hip-grip, and one of the big 3’s “FBI" load. I’ve posted plenty of pics of that gun here before; it still comes out of retirement on occasion.

Spyderco original recipe delica, plus one of the versions modified to left hand carry by Erik Remmen of NW Safari, back when the only way to get a left hand carry spyderco was to make one yourself! I took Erik’s spyderco course back in the early 90s.

Those were the innocent days; no med gear, and an extra HKS with another 5 was considered walking heavy. The only training I could access was stuff like Remmen’s course, and LFI-1 under Mas—all of which still stands up pretty damn well today.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

First concealed carry was my duty 6.5" M27 in a vertical Safariland shoulder holster. Next was my duty 4" M66 in a Baker Pancake thumbreak. Then a LW Commander in an Alessi DOJ thumbreak. Then a SIG P245 in an Alessi DOJ thumbreak. Now a Gen4 G23 in a Safariland ALS.

Backup and off duty gun was always a Smith Bodyguard M38 until awhile back when S&W said it had "reached the end of its service life" and replaced it with a 642. I also have a sweet little PPS Gen1 9mm that lives in an iwb.
    Last edited by FNFAN; 05-02-2019 at 06:53 PM.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    Colt Commander in 38 Super then a Glock 17. M&P 2.0 Compact 9mm now.

2002: Started off with a Glock 27 in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster.
    2006: Carry rotation of miscellaneous guns (CZ 2075, CZ 75, PPK, S&W Model 15) carried in a variety of cheap or second hand pocket holsters- or not carried for most of the time.
    2008: Went to a Baby Browning .25 in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster. Not the best gun, but I always had it with me.
    2009: Went to two Baby Brownings, as a search for a spare mag turned up a rough but working extra gun for $130.
    2012: Flirted with a Kel-Tec PF-9 (until I shot it), then traded it for a S&W 36 with bobbed hammer in a Brand X leather pocket holster.
    2015: Read some of Doc GKR's articles about good snub carry ammo, went to store to get wadcutters, wound up with a Shield 9mm instead.

I'm still mostly carrying that Shield 9mm in a Brand X pocket holster.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

2011 Wisconsin finally got CCW. Didn’t become a cop for another 1 1/2 years.

My first setup was a S&W 4003 in a Theis hybrid style holster. I miss having a 3rd Gen Smith.
    2012 brought a M&P 9c, which I still carry pretty often off duty alternating with a Shield 45.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    2002: Started off with a Glock 27 in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster.
    You know you're going to hell for that right?

I intended that is a joke I hope you're not offended.
    Last edited by Cypher; 05-03-2019 at 02:47 AM.

Banned
    When I first started carrying I probably wasted two hundred bucks on cheap, no name, nylon holsters trying to avoid laying out seventy bucks for a Galco.

I got my permit in 2007 my first carry gun was a CZ75B, in caliber 40 Smith & Wesson. I either carried it in a Galco Summer Comfort IWB or a Galco CM OWB.

My next gun was a 9 mm Smith & Wesson 6906. I either carried it in a Galco Summer Comfort IWB or a Michael Kohl (local holster maker) OWB.

After that was a Smith & Wesson 4006. I carried it in either a Galco Summer Comfort IWB or a Kramer leather OWB.

After that I went Striker Fired and carried an M&P 9 or an M&P 9C both in Galco CMs.

In 2017 I bought my Glock 19 and I carry it in a Galco CM OWB.

Right now I have a Glock 26 in my pocket and it's in a Blackhawk Tech wear pocket holster.

If I ever replace my Galco I'm going to consider the Safariland ALS
    Last edited by Cypher; 05-03-2019 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    You know you're going to hell for that right?

I intended that is a joke I hope you're not offended.
    Shooting that SOB was fairly hell in itself!
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Shooting that SOB was fairly hell in itself!
    When I worked for G4S I carried an M&P 40. I really wanted to like that gun but I never did. And I noticed even with a full size gun that we would go to training ranges and qualification ranges and after a 50-round box with that gun it wasn't fun to shoot anymore.

I own an M&P 9 and there is a noticeable difference between the two.

User Tag List