Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: What was your EDC rig from days gone by(e)?

1980s
    1911 .45acp Sparks or Executive @ 3:00 right hand
    S&W J frame .38 Special in left front pants pocket, enclosed, bobbed or shrouded hammer.
    2 - 4 x 1911 spare mags, 2 speed strips.
    Fixed blade 5" - 7" blade@ 9:00
    Locking folder in left front pants pocket.

First was a Glock 19 Gen 2 in a RCS Vanguard 2 AIWB, later upgraded to a CCC Shaggy. Then a P30 in a JMCK AIWB, followed by a P226 in a JMCK, then back to a Glock 19 but in a Keeper. Stayed Glock but went to a Glock 17 in an Eidolon, changed holsters to a JRC CDA-II, then a DSG Orion. Went to a P30 in a 5-Shot Leather SME, then recently transitioned to an optics ready P320 in a Tenicor Velo.

I bounced around way too much, but the 320s are the gun for the foreseeable future. The one update I see is an MRDS, hopefully this year.

In the 90’s, it was a Wilderness belt, and a Glock 23 in a Mad Dog IWB Kydex holster.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Mid '90's a gov. model in a Sparks SS IWB then a commander sized 1911 in a smaller SS & both hung on a local sourced leather belt.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 05-09-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Site Supporter
    My first carry gun was a Springfield 1911 Gov worked over by Wayne Novak’s shop in a Milt Sparks roadrunner holster sparks belt and mag pouch. Then I decided I wanted to be a police officer and I figured I would not be able to carry a 1911 on duty; so I switched to a Glock 21 in a Kramer IWB, belt and mag pouch. The first time I put the Glock in the Kramer holster I couldn’t get it back out. I learned to put the handgun in a ziploc bag and oil the outside of the bag when I get a new Kramer holster. Greg Hamilton showed me how to press the welt of a Kramer holster against a table to loosen it up when new. Then I got hired as a police officer and was issued a Colt 1911. I ordered a sparks 55BN straight drop and a heritage IWB when I got my first paycheck. Next I bought two Kramer pocket holsters for a S&W 642. Eventually I traded the Glock 21 for a Glock 19 in a Kramer IWB.

Been carrying concealed since 1970 when I became a LEO. First CCW I carried was a Charter Arms Undercover 38, sold to me by an old beat cop.

Since then it's been a long trail. My second CCW was a Smith 19 2.5". Today it is either a Kimber K6s 2" that I love or a Springfield EMP 4" which I enjoy immensely.

I have a K9 Kahr that while heavy is a tremendous shooter. Carry a reload for each weapon and a pocket knife by Kershaw..

I have a new Colt Cobra and it is packed in winter when the clothing is a bit more concealing as the only grip I like on the Cobra is Hogue either rubber or wood. The 19 has been retired.

PS: I really enjoy the Cobra, need a IWB for it.

Carried Bianchi exclusively for decades as they always had left handed rigs in stock. Milt Sparks later on and today Crossbreed, Lobo and a couple JIT slides from Don Hume.
    Last edited by Zeke38; 05-10-2019 at 11:59 AM.

I turned 21 in 1982 and obtained a carry permit. My first rig was a S&W M13 carried in a Bianchi pistol pocket - Model 3S.

Stock Colt Combat Commander in a Tommy Pack. Eventually I picked up a Don Hume IWB for it.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

1995: Weigand Combat Ruger SP-101 "Tame the Beast" in a Kramer IWB#2 on a Kramer belt. Bianchi speed-strip in left-side (weak) front pocket.

1997: Robar NP3-finished HK P7M8 in a Kramer IWB#1-1/2 and offside pouch on a Kramer belt.

2000: Robar Colt Lightweight Stainless Commander in a variety of holsters, culminating in a Sparks VM-2 on a Kramer belt. Dual Galco magazine pouch.

1990 - S&W 4506 in a Bianchi thumbreak of some sort, spare mag in a Safariland "clip" (if you saw it, you would know what I mean."
    1993'ish - .45 Stainless Colt Combat Commander in a Bianchi IWB, think it was called the "pistol pocket" but would swear to it, spare mag in a leather Bianchi pouch. Later switched to an OWB Bianchi Askin's Avenger (Milt Sparks 55BN clone.)
    1994/1995 - .45 blued Colt Gov't in a Milt Sparks 55BN w/matching dual mag pouch on my first honest-to-God gun belt, a Mitch Rosen offering that would work today if it hadn't mysteriously shrunk. Sometimes used a Mitch Rosen ARG when I wanted lower-profile, as well as a first run of his Surefire 6P/magazine pouch (think Spier Off Side?).

Those years were interspersed with Browning Hi-Powers (9mm & .40), S&W K-frames of various flavors, then to a Glock 35, then a Glock 19, and now a S&W 9mm Shield in a JM Custom Kydex OWB more often than not. Somewhere in there was a CZ-75B.

Waiting on a 9mm Nighthawk GRP Commander, already have a Milt Sparks Summer Special II for it, just need to order a JM Custom Kydex OWB, some matching kydex mag pouches because JM really makes superb products, and I'll have come nearly full circle.

User Tag List