Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pittsburg, KS AFHF AAR - Drinking from the firehose!

Ahem... although only one was worthy of notice, there were TWO shooters from Nebraska in attendance. (What can I say? Comic relief is my calling and my attempts at the FAST test were certainly comical.)

I'd again like to offer my thanks to you Roger and to all the others who made this possible. I'm glad to have had an opportunity to access great training like this, particularly when I can drive in and haul along all the toys and equipment that makes the experience much more enjoyable.

I enjoyed getting to know the other members of the class as well. Great bunch of guys.

I learned some good stuff that I will work hard to incorporate into my shooting routine(s), even if it means starting over in some instances.

And last but not least, for those who don't know him, Todd's an extremely knowledgeable shooter and a gifted instructor. I will offer one word of advice though. If he starts telling you stories about all the hours he spends sharpening his knives while insisting you squat when shooting, you had better squat.

PS For those who may be confused, 12 feet does not equal 3 yards.
    Last edited by NETim; 03-26-2012 at 09:10 PM.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

This class was just horrible. The instructor is a big, smelly dumb head that can't teach (<----Teach - inside joke).

Ok J/K - This class was my first class I have ever taken and all I can say is WOW. Todd is sincerely a really awesome instructor and a really cool human being. I can't say enough good things about him. He really mixed up humor with instructing and made class fun. His personality and how is able to get his point across is what i'm most impressed by.

I enjoyed the time we talked after class and how knowledgeable he truely is. I was really kicking myself after the class because of my own performance on the fast drill. I did retain what he taught and can work and build on it for a long time and hopefully get me out of my plataeu.

Todd,

Thank you sir, you are a wonderful instructor (and shooter) and I WILL look forward to taking another class from you. Thank you so much.

Shawn Ginardi

Tim, I thought you were the only Cornhusker? Shows how much attention I paid.

Todd had some innovative techniques for keeping students on task and maintaining form! The sharp stick was a good one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
    Tim, I thought you were the only Cornhusker? Shows how much attention I paid.

Todd had some innovative techniques for keeping students on task and maintaining form! The sharp stick was a good one too.
    jthapkido is from Huskerland as well. He comes from the side of the state that knows how to shoot.

And yes, Todd has a way of getting the students' attention. Sadly, numbers seem to give him trouble though. (However, a guy who doesn't know how to count to 13 probably shouldn't say anything about someone else's math skills.)
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    Sadly, numbers seem to give him trouble though.
    In my defense, that was only with jth's target(s). It was some kind of lefty hex, I'm certain of it!

Learned a tremendous amount

I learned a lot. I have had a number of classes from regional type schools, this is by far the best training I have ever taken. The instructor was an excellent shooter, an excellent instructor and an excellent communicator. I have never had all three in a class before. and it was outstanding. I learned a lot about shooting and myself.

I look forward to taking it again.

User Tag List