Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Holstered SigSauer 320 Discharges

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    The results of that, will no doubt be interesting..I just wonder how long it'll be before we start seeing these kind of reports from the military..
    The M17 has a manual safety that doesn’t lock the slide so there is no reason for them to be off safe unless they are on target. That said I don’t know what they will be teaching regarding use of the safety or how effectively it locks the sear, if it does at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    The M17 has a manual safety that doesn’t lock the slide so there is no reason for them to be off safe unless they are on target. That said I don’t know what they will be teaching regarding use of the safety or how effectively it locks the sear, if it does at all.
    I've got two friends of mine who were in the Army, at different points in time, one in the early 70's and the other in the early 90's The pistol "training" they got in basic, was exactly the same, the only difference one used a 1911, and the other a M9. Both told that the training consisted of a quick rundown of the pistols controls, and they were given two loaded mags, one to shoot to get a feel how the gun shot and the other for score..they both said the target they shot was huge, and shot at about 5yds..If you could get all of you shots on the target, ( and it was hard to miss) you passed.. Now, I have NO idea what they do today, I would like to think it's better than that.. If it is'nt, I fully expect to see some ND hijinks in the future..
    I guess what suprised me the most, was both told nearly the exact same story, neither one knew each other, and the time difference, (about 18 years), and little changed in that time..

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Are retrofitted P320s less safe than those produced from the re-design?

I think I recall some discussion over parts of the P320s that were upgraded sparking some level of concern.
    https://www.fox13news.com/news/local...9x7FeLAmpzYI6M

Pasco SO: SRO's Sig Sauer was 'upgraded' for known issue before it misfired in school

According to multiple published reports, and confirmed by Sig Sauer, the P320 has been known to fire, in rare cases, when dropped on its rear. The company has even offered to "upgrade" anyone's P320 to correct the issue. The Pasco County Sheriff's Office says all of its deputies' Sig Sauer P320 weapons were upgraded - including the one that accidentally fired inside the middle school.
    Last edited by HCM; 05-02-2019 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.fox13news.com/news/local...9x7FeLAmpzYI6M

Pasco SO: SRO's Sig Sauer was 'upgraded' for known issue before it misfired in school
    I read that article, hence my question:

Are P320s that were “upgraded” (already on the market) potentially less safe than pistols that were produced having been designed around the fix (manufactured post-Dropgate)?
    Last edited by HCountyGuy; 05-02-2019 at 12:03 PM.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter

Are P320s that were “upgraded” (already on the market) potentially less safe than pistols that were produced having been designed around the fix (manufactured post-Dropgate)?
    Sorry - didn’t see it was posted already. The fact that the gun in question was upgraded means they need to take a hard look at the upgraded guns if nothing else is found in the cafeteria video.

I don't believe so. From what I've read and seen, aside from a new disconnector cut in the slide's underside (done in upgraded and new production guns) everything else is a drop-in parts swap. Should be identical guts.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    FWIW....I talked to our SIG rep today, and asked about this incident. He's been pretty straight with us about other issues and problems. He said it's their belief the SRO involved will be a former employee soon. And that in addition to video contradicting the SROs account, there's the fact that the holstered gun somehow cycled, ejected the case, and fed another round. Hmmmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...-middle-school

The county police had a holstered discharge of a hard-used Glock 22 some months ago so I am inclined to believe this COULD have happened. Of course, I also feel that way having finished my career with an FNS-9.

...just when I had started to trick myself into bringing my 320's back out....I'll stay with my SP2022, thank you....

As many have said already, I think for a lot of us we are past the point of it being about what really happened...the doubt and stomach acid which rear their heads from the past make it not worth the trip down this road again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    If it is a 6360 holster , then it’s very easy to get something inside the holster that can pull the trigger. I stopped carrying a 6360 with a WML. With it I could pull the trigger with my trigger finger, never removing the gun from the holster.

I’ve read the 7360 improved on this.
    It was a 6360:

"Hunter said the school officer’s P320 went through that voluntary upgrade program and was returned to the agency in October 2018. It was holstered in a Safariland 6360 triple retention duty holster."
    https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ne...oubled-history

That is an unusually well-written article.

User Tag List