Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Holstered SigSauer 320 Discharges

Are retrofitted P320s less safe than those produced from the re-design?

I think I recall some discussion over parts of the P320s that were upgraded sparking some level of concern.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    From what I understand, the Glock 22 was an older weapon with a broken left rear rail. This somehow resulted in failure of the striker block. The weapon discharged when it was twisted in the holster. Unfortunately, I no longer have immediate access to the report the county did on the incident, but it was determined to be a weapon rather than human failure.

The department quickly replaced the Glock 22/23 pistols with Glock 17's and 19's.
    So was this deemed to truly be a problem with the .40 glocks, or just a knee jerk reaction?

Site Supporter
    Balisong, from what I understand. this incident speaks more to the importance of armorer inspection and maintenance of weapons systems than it does to condemnation of .40 Glocks. The weapon had been in service for some years and was supposedly purchased about the time of a redesign of the slide rails. The agency does not(or, hopefully, did not) have what I would consider appropriate levels of armorer support for their Glocks.

I think it was a great idea for that agency to transition to 9mm Glocks (as I think it was a great idea for my former employer to do so). That said, while the .40 is not my favorite caliber, I wouldn't worry about a well-maintained .40 Glock self-performing a desk pop....I mean, holster discharge.

I was hoping (sort of) that the Sig in question was one that had not been back to Sig for the retrofit. If it turns out that the deputy is not negligent, and it was a model with the upgraded parts, it is going to be concerning to me.

I hope that the investigation is truthful and thorough.

Regards.

Name:  SIG-P320-malfunction.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  19.0 KB

U NO HOLSTER UR SIG?
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

I took a rough spill on Monday with a Glock 19 carried appendix; still here to talk about it. *knocks on wood*

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Fuckin' Sig. Even if this incident was, in reality, entirely the fault of the SRO, its still gonna reopen the wound of the "upgrade" program as opposed to the widely justified, and unconscionably ignored recall option. Just issue the goddamn recall already. Its so counter productive to end users' safety AND THE COMPANY to continue with the charade. I just don't get it.
    I do.. it's all about the money, period. Sig seems to be more interested in profit, so they cut as many corners as possible in manfacturing, and this is the result..It gives the company as a whole a black eye, and frankly my opinion of Sig 320 is, that they're not much better than a Hi-Point, at least Hi-Points aren't known going off by themselves..

We've dealt with the "the gun just went off by itself" nonsense before most recently with a box-stock department issued AR-15. If it were nearly any other newer (not worn to crap) and unmodified modern service gun I would also respond, "Yeah right."

Since the SIG 320 already has a somewhat marred track record and SIG has had more than its share of quality control issues, non-recall recalls, and other shenanigans over the past fifteen years I'm not going to be quick to judge on this one.

CWM11B
    Not a fan of the 320, but I'm going to bet the investigation will reveal keys or some other object hanging on the belt got into the holster, which is possible on most every light bearing duty rig, or it didnt happen as initially reported.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Not a fan of the 320, but I'm going to bet the investigation will reveal keys or some other object hanging on the belt got into the holster, which is possible on most every light bearing duty rig, or it didnt happen as initially reported.
    The results of that, will no doubt be interesting..I just wonder how long it'll be before we start seeing these kind of reports from the military..

User Tag List