Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Holstered SigSauer 320 Discharges

Holstered SigSauer 320 Discharges

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Introducing legislation to ban this or that is often a political stunt, especially if the sponsor knows there's a snowball's chance in hell of it succeeding.
    They can spin it in their campaign propaganda that they were Doing Something/ Standing Up To Big Whatever, All For the Children, depending on how their intended voters lean.
    That’s my sense of it.

The link I provided has the gist of the ballot measure which would ban “military-style firearms”

This would be:

"any gun with a magazine capacity of more than seven rounds of ammunition or any weapon capable of firing in fully automatic mode, any weapon capable of being modified in any manner to fire in a fully automatic mode or any weapon classified as a sniper rifle."

Which should make you stop and think.
    Last edited by RJ; 05-10-2019 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    One could make the exact same set of arguments against any armed citizen. Where does one draw the line of "trained enough to satisfy 1986s4" and similar-minded individuals?

It's a different environment, that's all I'm saying. Not against it, just cautious.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    There’s also no chance of that passing if it does get on the ballot.
    I hope you're right, but I don't think we should be so sure. The group(s) behind this spend a lot on data. They likely think it's possible, or they wouldn't be spending. We'll be sure if they start spending big money to ensure they get the over 700k signatures needed to place it on the ballot.

That’s my sense of it.

The link I provided has the gist of the ballot measure which would ban “military-style firearms”

This would be:

"any gun with a magazine capacity of more than seven rounds of ammunition or any weapon capable of firing in fully automatic mode, any weapon capable of being modified in any manner to fire in a fully automatic mode or any weapon classified as a sniper rifle."

Is to laugh. The military pistol that dominated most of the 20th century in this company only had a 7 round magazine. And any weapon that fires semi-auto, or could be retrofitted to semi-auto could somehow be made full auto as well. This would include '03 Springfield bolt rifles because some were fitted with the Pederson device, which means that there is historical precedence that any rifle or shotgun, even single shots, with enough modifications could be made to fire fully auto. The way this is written wouldn't stand up to any pre-law student in the country.

Anyone gotten anything more on this story in the last couple weeks?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    That’s my sense of it.

This would be:

Right. The argument used to attempt to wake up the Fudds has for years been that when they run out of semi-autos to ban, your deer rifle will be reclassified as a sniper rifle. Maybe this will wake up a few of them.

I have a friend in Cali who thinks his Browning BAR in .30-06 is all the rifle "an honest man needs" (quoting Bill Ruger, not my friend). The early versions of the gunpocalypse ballot measures that passed in Cali in 2016 would have swept it up as an assault weapon due to the detachable magazine, but by the time it hit the ballot, they added back in the pistol grip requirement. So he's still asleep, sadly.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Taypo View Post
    Anyone gotten anything more on this story in the last couple weeks?
    I have been watching this one closely for updates. I have a lot of people around me with Sigs so I would like to know what happened. I have been thinking of switching to the Sig pistol but reports like this give me pause.

I can't believe that this day in age we can't even get safe pistols to carry around. I was promised as a kid that by the year 2000 I'd be flying in cars, probably rocking a light saber and my laser gat set to death ray... I feel betrayed

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    I can't believe that this day in age we can't even get safe pistols to carry around. I was promised as a kid that by the year 2000 I'd be flying in cars, probably rocking a light saber and my laser gat set to death ray... I feel betrayed
    1980s, you can’t carry that 1911 with its single action trigger unless you’re SWAT, due to its light single action trigger, despite having a thumb and grip safety.

2019, here you’re require to carry this gun with a light single action trigger with no thumb, grip, or trigger safety, and oh yeah it might discharge if you drop or bang it.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    Here's your Glock 19.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List